Ann Arbor, MI

Where do you run in A2 (Read 242 times)

Just that, where do you run?

I have two main places.

Gallup park which is a nice 6 mile loop from the Dixboro road parking to Fuller and back.

Mostly I run the U of M Botanical gardens on Dixboro. Two loops of all the trails comes out to about 8 miles.

dg.

Also mostly that Gallup loop.  

How is it at the Botanical Gardens?  I used to walk there but it's been a long time.

Right now I'm looking for routes that are pretty flat, because I'm recovering from injuries.   Something safe for a female old fart fairly early morning is nice too. 

Botanical Gardens are nice because I live across the road from them and don't have to drive. There are small inclines, barely enough to call hills, (unless you go into the South portion toward the golf course which is technically not open....) but the uneven surfaces may be an issue for knees or ankles. Plus a little humid and warm so somewhat buggy right now.... not so popular since I see very few runners there ever.
        dg.

Well that's handy.   I'd rather not drive but my neighborhood's just a little too hilly right now. 

thanks.. that's just what I needed to know.  I think I'll skip it until maybe this fall, I'm going to really get sick of Gallup.   It's really nice to have though, especially now that the attack geese have chilled.     I'm training for my first marathon & am going to have to explore a little further pretty soon.

For many months I ran on the WCC health center track.  If anyone ever has a need for an indoor track it's a pretty nice one, & is 200 meters.   I joined there because of the track, & because of a hamstring injury.  They open at 5 am, which is why I ran there during the week instead of at Gallup.    I hear the CCRB is great but don't have access to it. 

I'm a bit late to the party but here's where I run:

1. To the Arb, through the Arb, sometimes cutting over to run through Gallup Park.
            2. Around my neighborhood, which involves the Stadium & Pauline area, through the various parks and back on the roads.
            3. Huron River Dr.  There's a great entrance through the park on Beechwood off of Sunset.  Run through the the park to get there, a bit hilly though.
            4. YMCA

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com