Ann Arbor, MI

Road Racin' (Read 136 times)

Hail to The Victors!

So, theoretically it's getting warmer out...what races are on people's schedules?  I'm looking at:

May 7: Glio Blastoff 5K on EMU Campus

Jun 5: Dexter Ann Arbor 10K/Half marathon. 

How about you all?

Looking at the Lets Move half coming up. Then the Bay to Breakers, and then Dexter 2 Ann Arbor. That is about as far as I have confirmed other than Marine Corp in the fall.... unless I am really lucky and get in NYC via lottery... then a tough decision... Marine Corp or NYC. Marine Corp is already paid for, but going twice in two weeks is out of question. But NYC don't know if I would be lucky two years in a row if I pass this year. Based on what they are saying odds of getting in via lottery is so slim under new rules I am not planning on it.  Decisions, decisions, decisions.

Dexter 2 Ann Arbor HM is it for now, and that's not looking good unless I get serious about my training.

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

Thinking about Burns park run, but still recovering from the 4/2 Martian Marathon. 

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

dg.

I'm fretting about training for  Bayshore marathon and then the Wasatch Ragnar relay in Utah, which is the third week in June. 

George, cool you're doing bay to breakers!   Have you done a relay before?   I haven't.   Just in case you need any pointers (I do!) I just started a thread about relays over in the Master's Running group.

sumdeus, how was your marathon?   I did the 10K.    It's a nice course.

Hail to The Victors!

I'm fretting about training for  Bayshore marathon and then the Wasatch Ragnar relay in Utah, which is the third week in June. 

George, cool you're doing bay to breakers!   Have you done a relay before?   I haven't.   Just in case you need any pointers (I do!) I just started a thread about relays over in the Master's Running group.

sumdeus, how was your marathon?   I did the 10K.    It's a nice course.

Bayshore is a great race, I BQ'd there, and I loved every minute of that course.  I'd like to do it again some day. 

. . . you're doing bay to breakers!   Have you done a relay before?   I haven't.   Just in case you need any pointers (I do!) I just started a thread about relays over in the Master's Running group.

I just read the thread in the Masters group... sounds like fun... I'm ready to do a relay! (The Bay to Breakers has Centipedes, naked runners and lots of other fun thing but not sure about relay teams... it's a 12K. They used to have a lot of floats and booze also, but supposedly they are outlawed this year.)

A relay in Utah sounds really fun... and hilly!

.. oh and the decision on Marine Corp or NYC has been made, but not by me... didn't get in via lottery.