Ann Arbor, MI

Turkey Trots.... (Read 213 times)

Anyone doing local Turkey Trot? I am in the Detroit one. Ran it last year, and resolved to get there earlier this year! The traffic was much worse than anticipated. If I had not gone day before to pick up packet would never have made the start on time.

There is also the  Ann Arbor race, but I am not in it. (That would be sort of difficult to arrange.) Actually last year there were two Turkey Trots in A2, but as far as I can tell the Tortoise and Hare version is not  running this year, only the "Good Boy" one is running on T-Day, where the other was a couple weeks earlier in November.

I'd like to do one, but haven't found one that is a no brainer for my location/Turkey Day schedule.  Would love to go to Detroit, but it seems like the headaches (distance, parking, and need to get up very early) aren't worth it (to me).

Guess I'll keep looking.  Anyone done the Ann Arbor one?

“Satisfaction lies in the effort, not in the attainment, full effort is full victory." - Mahatma Gandhi

Tortoise and the Hare are definitely not having theirs this year, which is kind of sad.  I'm not sure why they aren't having it, but I've emailed with the folks and am sure it's not happening.

I haven't run the local ann arbor race before, I believe that it's a new(er) race.

Dexter has the holiday hustle coming up (Dec 5th I believe), which is supposed to be enjoyable.

No turkey trots for me this year, I don't think I'm strong enough yet.  Best of luck running yours!

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

I am signed up for the Holiday Hustle so maybe see some/one/any of you there. Will also be working at something for the race there, probably packet pick up on Friday at the Running Fit store on Jackson Road.

The new packet pick up method for the Detroit Turkey Trot worked really well. Saved the long trip downtown the day before. Just went into the 5th 3rd bank about 2 miles from home, walked in, gave them name, they entered name into computer with the bib number they gave me and I was gone in 60 seconds. (almost, maybe 180 minutes tops).

So now I just have to get back from Houston where I have been all week ... running the three mile loop in Memorial Park every evening in the 60's has been fantastic! (Sunday was almost TO hot since it was in the 80's that afternoon.) and readapt to the temperatures there, then go do the "trot".

Don't eat to much turkey and stuffing!

I do not know why the Tortoise and Hare are not doing theirs, maybe they just thought there were to many races close to get a good turn out?

How did the hustle end up going?

I wasn't able to make it up as my wife was running but it was so bitter cold it would have been cruel to bring the little kids with me.

Looks like we're officially into winter around here in everything but the snow. Nothing like a biting headwind to get you out the door ;-)

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com