Ann Arbor, MI

Dexter-Ann Arbor Run (Read 331 times)

Anyone doing this one?
      I just signed up for the 10k a few day ago. I'm very much looking forward to finishing downtown this year, as opposed to the loop-de-loop last year.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Great! I am in the half. Looks like at least two other people from where I work will also be in half. One I have run with before (Belle Isle New Years Day run) the other one I did not know he was a runner at all until Thursday. He is a fairly new runner, but will probably beat me... age is a great thing for wisdom, sucks for running...... once I get packet next Saturday will let you know the bib number. Some day maybe cross paths. Don't know if I would recognize you from avatar photo. Just look for me in the middle of the pack! I have not done this one before so it will be all new to me. Won't make to many predictions other than hope to be in under 2 hours. I need a good time to allow me to get into any corral at the Disney Marathon other than the last one! (and good time is VERY relative!!) Two prior half's are 2:05 (Martian) and 2:09 (Flying Pig = Hills...ugh!)
          . Don't know if I would recognize you from avatar photo. Just look for me in the middle of the pack!)
          I know I wouldn't recognize you from yours! Good luck on the half. I'm just hoping the weather isn't quite as muggy as it was last year. Things heated up in a hurry. I'm sure we'll see each other around eventually.

Creator of RunForth@robraux | shodless.com

Out of town right now in Milwaukee, but heard from one of the people at work. My small (250 people) office is going to have six people in this race. I am pretty surprised to hear that. (Especially since it is in Plymouth, not A2). Need to figure out how we can get them to sponsor a company running team that would provide shirts and pay the entry fees! (Fat chance since we are working only four days a week for the next two months.... auto sales, which is 50% of our business are to far down) Hope the weather is good. Trying to get ready did three circuits of Gallup park Sunday = 17.5 miles (from Dixboro dam parking lot to Fuller and back = 6 miles) I shorted the last climb from the wood foot bridge to Fuller... just getting to tired... maybe next time get the full 18 in.
              Going over to Ypsi tomorrow to pick up packet. Weather supposed to be good yet for Sunday?

I drove the course the other day, overall doesn't seem to bad (hills) until the last one in town. Looks like a leg burner since it is the final leg of the race. The elevation map looks like a net downhill for the course.