Annapolis, Maryland

Father's Day run (Read 190 times)

Gig

At Severna Park HS. Will I see anybody there?

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I'm hoping for a PR.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Some chance of thunderstorms right when the race is, in the morning.

Gig

How'd you do? I ran an 8:20 pace. My PR is just under 8, but I was a different runner then. I was hoping to break 54 minutes, and I came in just under 52. Best of all, it was a gorgeous day for it. Smile

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

I enjoyed it and had a great race. I was hoping to PR (<39:12) and get down into the low 38s, and race against a guy I know in my age group. We warmed up together, and ran most of the race together, and both got big PRs - I came in at 37:33.  I also had big negative splits, which may suggest I can improve my 5K time a bit.

Gig

Nice going! Way to shatter a PR. My only real running goal this year is the same one I've had for 3 or 4 years--6 minutes at the John Wall Mile in July. 6:49 last year. My speedwork today suggests I should be happy to finish under 7, but I'll keep trying.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Here's two workouts I did in the past couple weeks (a friend drew up a list of workouts for mile training):

• 8x400 at goal mile pace, with several minutes rest in-between
                • 5x600 at goal mile pace, with 5min rest in-between (actually we only did 4 of these)

(These two workouts should be separated -- ideally by maybe a week)

I think the next workout was supposed to be 3x800 at goal mile pace, but we're kind of running out of time, because our track series starts tonight.

Also the Annapolis All-Comers Meets start tomorrow night, at Annapolis HS. I'm planning to go to the one tomorrow night, but I haven't made up my mind whether I want to race the 400 at it (my original intent), or the 3000 -- DW pointed out to me that they have 3000 tomorrow night, so this is a rare opportunity to race 3000. I probably won't have such an opportunity again til next summer.

Gig

Update: I did almost no more speedwork. I just couldn't muster the motivation. Finished at 7 flat. I'm good with that, but next year, I know I can do a lot better.

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Honestly, I'm all in favor of leaving room to improve your PR later, because that way leaves room for more happiness to come. Smile

Gig

Big grin