Atlanta Runners

Atlanta Thanksgiving Half and Full Marathon (Read 307 times)

Life is Good

Anyone running this? I will be there...had to drop from the Full to the Half but I'm ready to have a good time! it's going to be cool but at least it will be sunny

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

finish a half Ironman triathlon

Warrior dash 2012

Chickamauga battlefield half 2012

and a few small races in between

Imminent Catastrophe

I'm running and MrPH is too. (Half)

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am not running . Volunteering at the expo  For number pick up 11:00-2:30 on Wednesday. Volunteering at mile 3 of the Full . What is your pace time? I may come over to the the half course to cheer you on and bring a RA sign.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

I'll be running about 8:30-8:45. I'll look for the sign--any idea where you'll  be?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Did not stay. DW   decided I need to get back and finish prepping the house for guess.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

Imminent Catastrophe

1:52:22 (via my watch). Pretty steady pace, 9:00 (Cardiac Hill section) to 8:14 (downtown). That's 40 seconds slower than Huntsville 2 weeks ago so I've found my (less than well-trained) pace. Huntsville is an easier, mostly flat course too. It was a beautiful day, a little chilly when we caught the wind. Pretty well organized, and this race keeps getting bigger every year.

I did meet up with MrPHinNJ before the race, that was cool. 

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Great time for the course!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Life is Good

2:15:48 was my finishing time this year. last year when I ran this it was my first ever (I shaved a little time off from last year), I also ran with a guy I work with and we finished together! It was a great race, very pretty day! I think the next one for me will probably be the ING.

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

WTG.

I am running the full@ ING. That is the plan for now.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

Life is Good

1:52:22 (via my watch). Pretty steady pace, 9:00 (Cardiac Hill section) to 8:14 (downtown). That's 40 seconds slower than Huntsville 2 weeks ago so I've found my (less than well-trained) pace. Huntsville is an easier, mostly flat course too. It was a beautiful day, a little chilly when we caught the wind. Pretty well organized, and this race keeps getting bigger every year.

I did meet up with MrPHinNJ before the race, that was cool. 

DH finished right behind you with a 1:53:22 he was slower than he wanted to be ( he signed up for the 1:40:00 pace group) we ran a extrememly hilly 15k race about 2 weeks before, and he say's he hadn't fully recovered from that. ( he place 2nd over all in that race)  Awesome time, sheesh... if I could break 2 hours I'd be happy

Run 1000 miles

bike 500 miles

Warrior dash 2012