Atlanta Runners

Twisted Ankle (Read 402 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

Anyone doing the Twisted Ankle Marathon/Half Marathon in Summerville next Saturday? I'm doing the HM, it's one of my favorites. I hope to see some of you there!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

No, I am base building. Summerville GA or SC ?

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Imminent Catastrophe

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Sounds like a lot of fun... I probably won't make it this year but I'll look for it next year. Good luck!
          Ben
          site: www.benhorton.net

Imminent Catastrophe

It fills up early. Just sayin'.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Sounds like a lot of fun... I probably won't make it this year but I'll look for it next year. Good luck!
              DItto

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

It's a great race. Somewhat difficult and exhausting but fun. Look for the entry for the race around December or early January. The half sells out very quickly. Good luck PerfesserR.
                USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010

Nashville Dog Runner

See you all at the TA. I signed up with a running friend of mine about two months ago. I now realize...I am toast. While I have been training on hilly trails, I haven't upped my my mileage. I've gotten in many runs, ranging from 7-12 miles, but haven't done much more. This is my very first trail marathon, but my seventh overall. Any advice? Dead

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

Imminent Catastrophe

While I have been training on hilly trails, I haven't upped my my mileage. I've gotten in many runs, ranging from 7-12 miles, but haven't done much more. This is my very first trail marathon, but my seventh overall. Any advice? Dead
                    Yikes. You could turn left at the split and do the Half with meWink. Just take it easy, especially climbing up the ridge. And bring a water bottle. I'm iffy, due to a pulled hamstring. I've got the heating pad on it now.

Nashville Dog Runner

Thanks for mentioning the shortcut. I really don't think I should do the half. The plan is to do the full. I will certainly be among the last of the finishers, but that's okay. It's my first trail marathon and I just want to finish. If I can just keep telling myself to not push it, that would be great. Good luck to all on Saturday.

www.nashvilledogrunner.com

Imminent Catastrophe

Sir, would you like some mud with that mountain? I did the HM. At least the temperature wasn't too bad and the overcast helped but man, it was humid, I felt like a lawn sprinkler! Drank a lot of water but it wasn't enough. And that mud--made it really tough and treacherous going up and down Becky's Bluff. I feel like I ran a 20-miler Tongue I hope everyone had fun.

I thought about y'all Saturday while I was out running. I couldn't tell from the local news if you were getting rain or not. Congrats on the HM.
                          USAF Marathon, September 19 Atlanta 1/2 Marathon, Nov 26 Breast Cancer Marathon, Feb 21, 2010