A-Z Recipes

Apples.. Post your recipes.. (Read 287 times)

Double IPA Please!

I have a TON of apples- Granny and Golden as we went to the Orchard yesterday.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Going this weekend! Define : a TON. I usually get several bushels and dry out most of them in a dehydrator, then eat them through the year. Cobbler and pie and apple spice cakes, of course, rule the day!

Double IPA Please!

Nearly 30$ worth. I was exagerating dippy do when I capitalized TON. I do Apple Pies, my MIL does Apple Dumplings for us as well as Apple Crisp.. my son likes to eat them with Caramel on the side.

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

running yogi

apple butter
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Apples stewed in Nutella.

Double IPA Please!

Apples stewed in Nutella.
              ewwww. What the hell is wrong with you man?? Nutella is just fine by its damn self. Not with this Oreo and stewing it with apples crap.

There's always homemade applesauce too- easy! Or, use some with pork chops. Lemme see if I've got the recipe on here... I don't, but I'll add it later. It's yummy!

I turn mine into apple sauce, mix in some cinnamon (and in some batches some pureed strawberries) and then dehyrdate them into apple leather. Great snack.

Run to Win
                  25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Okay. Came home with 2 bushels of Fuji, a half bushel of winesap and a bunch of Mutzus. Tell me what to do with them!
                      Home Made Apple Butter? Applesauce?

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

I cut mine in 1/8ths, skin and slice them and feed them to my daughter Tongue
                        2009 Goals...:
                        -run more miles than 2008

-build base to train for 2010 Rome Marathon
                          Does anyone know how to keep those sliced apples from turning brown? They sell them in the stores in little packages and I give them to the kids for school. Looks like they'r coated with vitamin C, but how do we do that ourselves? I've searched a ton and there are suggestions of covering with lemon juice (which I do for pies and it prevents turning), but that wouldn't taste good on a snack, you know? There's gotta be a way to do that @ home without spending close to $4 on a teeny pack that's about equivalent to 2 apples!
                            Joni, There is a product out there called Fruit Fresh, that you sprinkle on, to keep fruit from turning, It is just Citric Acid, but I think they may have additives to make it more pallate pleasing..... The lemon juice thing is the very same concept, and YES, it will have a bitter coating on it. You can try this: Grind Up Vitamin C tablets in your food processor and mix with sugar. Sprinkle on the apple and see if it helps. Trent? Any further suggestions from the Doctor Chef?

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Lemon juice. The only thing I ever use. With the fresh off the tree apples, they rarely brown much anyway. I mix up a big bowl with a splash of lemon juice and a lot of water. Fresh cut apples go right into the water mixture. Works great.
                                Joni, There is a product out there called Fruit Fresh, that you sprinkle on, to keep fruit from turning, It is just Citric Acid, but I think they may have additives to make it more pallate pleasing..... The lemon juice thing is the very same concept, and YES, it will have a bitter coating on it. You can try this: Grind Up Vitamin C tablets in your food processor and mix with sugar. Sprinkle on the apple and see if it helps. Trent? Any further suggestions from the Doctor Chef?
                                Went to the Fruit Fresh website Sandy! I love you!! "School Lunches - That apple in your child's school lunch will look and taste as fresh as when you sliced it that morning!" Thanks!! Will give it a try.