A-Z Recipes

Parsnips? (Read 302 times)

A Saucy Wench

I got some in my last CSA basket and expect to get more.  I assume they would be good roasted, anything else I should know?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

You can combine them with either taters or steamed cauliflower and make a parsnip puree that is an awesome side dish with roasted meats..... I often roast them with carrots, onions, sweet potato wedges, sprinkle them with sea salt, pepper, some fresh thyme, and drizzle with a little pure maple syrup. VERY YUMMY.

I love parsnips! they are one of my favorites this time of the year.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

They are good in soups too.

Ostrich runner

I've had them turn out very tough in some slow cooker experiments...did I just undercook them?

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/Indy/forum

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yes, cuz in my experience they quickly turn to mush.
              Love to add parsnips and turnips to veggie soups.  Adds a little bit of sumpin sumpin that would normally be missing.

Leslie
              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

sluggo

John

I got some in my last CSA basket and expect to get more.  I assume they would be good roasted, anything else I should know?

Parsnips are great. I like them steamed or roasted - the only ways I have tried them.

My wife does not like them much. (More for me!)

John
                www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"