A-Z Recipes

*sings* It's beginning to look a lot like Fall... (Read 355 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

We are starting to see some color in our trees and the nights are cool, humidity is low. Just a bit ago I got the notion to make chili very soon. So what sorts of things do you crave and/or cook when Summer turns to Fall?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

My garden is full of Butternut Squash coming onto the vines... ready in a few weeks I believe. Trent, if the garden does well, you may be on the recipient list come Monkey Time.... Butternut Squash Risotto Soups of course Fresh Baked Apple Crisp Soups and Stews... LOVE FALL. My favorite season of the year. Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

chard & kale (simmered w/ soymilk & leeks, mmm!)! apple anything! corn anything!
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ooooh yeah! When I get in my squash groove, nothing stands in the way. BTW, for each of the last two years, I made about 10 pumpkin pies, from scratch of course. And some chocolate pumpkin bread. Oh my! Of course, when I have more time, I put the pumpkin pie into a gingerbread cookie crust (make gingerbread cookie dough and roll it out as crust). DAMN!!
            I am a total pumpkin whore. I cant wait to bust out the pumpkin pie candles, my halloween stuff, get my fix for cold stone creamery pumpkin pie ice cream (its the bomb!), and of course - pumpkin picking and carving!! yayyyyyyy i hope many of you will post all your excellent fall recipes - i cant wait to see what everyone can make and i can copy!!!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Did I ever post my pumpkin sausage soup recipe? It is to DIE for. I don't like pumpkin pie all that well (though with that gingerbread crust I could become a convert, I think), but put that squash in anything else and I am in heaven.

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pumpkin and Sausage Soup 1 pound spicy sausage 4 c mashed pumpkin (2 15 oz cans) 1 qt. chicken broth 1 c. minced onion 2 c. chopped mushrooms 1 c heavy cream 4 cloves garlic, minced 1 tsp. Italian Seasoning Brown sausage, drain and add to the soup pot. Add the onion, garlic and herbs to the pan and sautee until browned. Add the pumpkin and broth with the sausage and mix well. Simmer 20-30 minutes. Stir in the cream and simmer on low another 10-15 min. Taste and add salt/pepper as needed.

~ Sarah Kay

duh, why did i never think to make a gingerbread pie crust before? that sounds delicious... for pretty much anything (pumpkin pie, cheesecake, whatever)

A Saucy Wench

I love winter squash. I mostly either roast it or make soup of it. My recipes usually fall along the lines of "some of this, some of that, some of whatever is in the fridge this week. "

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

duh, why did i never think to make a gingerbread pie crust before? that sounds delicious... for pretty much anything (pumpkin pie, cheesecake, whatever)
                      I know! Heck, I would think one could simply sprinkle some ginger and other spices in with a basic graham cracker crust for a similar effect. Yummo! /Rachel Ray

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh no, totally different. The gingerbread recipe gives the crust a totally unique texture.
                          Butternut Squash Risotto Fresh Baked Apple Crisp
                          Please share recipes!!!
                            *double post*
                              Please share recipes!!!
                              Will do, I have to type them up from memory, so it may take a few days, I am SWAMPED with recipe work right now.... Coming soon! Smile

Oh no, totally different. The gingerbread recipe gives the crust a totally unique texture.
                                I'll bet that the flavor is really unique. Looking forward to trying that. My Carmel Apple Tart recipe calls for Parmesan Cheese in the crust and it's to die for.... Tongue