A-Z Recipes

Homemade ice cream without a machine (Read 217 times)

I made a batch of mint chip ice cream Smile. It was easy and tastes pretty delish (although my kids say I made it too minty). 

Basic process is

1. whip up 2 cups of heavy whipping cream. You want it be light and fluffy.

2. Pour a 14oz can of sweetened condensed milk into a bowl. Add desired flavorings and mix well.

3. Fold whipped cream into sc milk and combine well.

4. Pour mixture into a 2 quart freezer safe container. Freeze for 6 hours or until firm.

I added mint extract, probably close to 2 tablespoons. Maybe 1 tbls would have been sufficient.

For the chocolate bits I made "magic shell" chocolate by melting together some coconut oil and chocolate chips. I used 1/2 cup oil and about 1 1/2 cup choc chips. Then I let ice cream freeze for about an hour. Then took out ice cream drizzled on some magic shell chocolate and mixed up the ice cream. Returned ice cream to freezer for another hour and then added more chocolate. I thought about using choc chips in the ice cream but I thought they would be too big.

Got the recipe from KevinandAmanda.com. Followed the directions in the Hazelnut Mocha Fudge Swirl recipe for using the magic shell stuff.

I didn't think this would turn out like real ice cream but it did. I made a batch of chocolate, which is in the freezing stage right now.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Hey, this looks like something I saw on google +

Wink