A-Z Recipes

DAMN fine (Read 214 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Peach custard ice cream 3 Eggs 2 c Peaches + 1 large peach 2 tb Flour 1 tb Lemon juice 1 1/2 c Sugar + 2 tbs sugar 1 1/2 c half n half 2 c Milk 1 ts Vanilla Beat eggs in a large bowl Whisk flour, 1 cup of the sugar and milk until smooth, then stir often over medium-high heat until simmering Whisking rapidly, pour hot milk into eggs In a blender, puree peaches will lemon juice and remaining 1/2 cup sugar. Stir into cooked mixture Chill in the fridge until cold or overnight. Finely dice another peach and macerate in the vanilla and the 2 tbs sugar When ready to make ice cream, mix macerated peaches, half n half and ice cream base Make this into ice cream. DAMN.

running yogi

mmm. I am going to try that. I picked a lot of peaches at a u-pick farm near us.
        Guess we know what you decided to do with all the DAMN nice peaches.... ( fruit one's that is...) Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Yeah, it used up all of three peaches. 78 left to go.
            Peach Jam? Try the Vinaigrette recipe I posted.... really yummy on a salad or over grilled fish.... Times like this I really miss my MIL ( RIP Jackie).... Every August she used to go to her known peach people and just slam us with them.... Have not had a Good Peach since she passed away.... Sad Do you have the hand Crank Ice Cream Maker or the Electric one?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Well, I was gonna make peach jam but I just ended up with about 2 quarts of raspberries. So now I am making raspberry jam. Making it as we speak...
                Well, I was gonna make peach jam but I just ended up with about 2 quarts of raspberries. So now I am making raspberry jam. Making it as we speak...
                Yeah, Hub and I had Buy one Get one Free Raspberries and Blueberries last week, along with Strawberries, so I froze a bunch, and we have been snacking on them all week.... You could freeze some peaches and around fall/Holiday time make warm ginger peach compote.... Terriffic over vanilla bean Ice cream.... Wow, all of the sudden my glass of Red is missing something sweet..... Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have been freezing peaches and blueberries by the gallon, hard to keep up. I don't think I've ever gotten through a Summer with even half as much fruit put away as preserves and frozen. I guess last year's dry summer really caused everything to burst forth this year. Some really really great fruits! I think we are up to 7 gallons of blueberries, 60 or 72 jars of preserves (strawberry, blackberry, raspberry) and now several gallons of frozen peaches and blackberries. And two quarts of sour pickles and one quart of pickled garlic. And I haven't even gotten tomatoes to put up as sauce yet.
                    I've done several batches of sun dried Tomatoes.... Hub and I enjoyed some of those on a Lavash Bread Pizza tonite after our run... Did one with Mush, Balsamic Carmelized Onions, Hot banana peppers ( out of the garden) Mozz, and Parmesan.... The other one was Garlic Spinach and Ricotta, no sauce, just Olive Oil, Sea Salt, Pepper.... Heavenly with a glass of Red Wine... ( No Beer on hand ..... Damn!) I have also done one batch of Marinara..... froze that. We are getting ready to do another batch this weekend, have not decided if I will do freezer type, or water bath can it....Depends on the Quality of Sunday's Long Run..... I am hurtin lately... Seems I am growing Trent Calves and it hurts! Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Oh, and 3 quarts of lima beans. I usually boil my tomato sauce and reduce it down for an hour or two, then freeze it. Occasionally I will make a formal sauce with veggies and herbs in it. But the hills give me the calves Wink
                        But the hills give me the calves Wink
                        Meeeee Toooooo....... Owie Owie Owie..... I have no choice though, where we do our long runs, the hill is brutal, long, long, oh yeah, and LONG..... and steep. I have HTFU'd through it gracefully though, but DAMN... they are cryin right now, and I am 4 weeks from my Half...... Undecided Hubs Calves are only 1/4" larger than MINE in overall circumferance..... Gah! I am having my first ever sports massage tomorrow..... Me Skeerred. MTA: Not PWP steep, but as a new kid, it's plenty steep enough...

Jazz hands!

run run run AHHHHHH run run run