A-Z Recipes

Breakfast (Read 355 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Homemade crepes Homemade whipped cream Homemade butter Nutella! Farm fresh eggs
      Why do you do this to us?

skinnycaponesugar

was that a multiple choice question? MTA: Trent, may be you could try making Nutella and tell us if it is worth the effort Big grin "Homemade Nutella Recipe 2 cups chopped hazelnuts (filberts) 3/4 cup to 1 cup powdered sugar 1/4 cup unsweetened dark cocoa powder (such as Hershey's Extra Dark cocoa) 1/8 to 1/4 cup canola oil Place hazelnuts in the work bowl of a food processor fitted with a metal blade. Process until nuts start to clump together in a ball. This will take some time (about five minutes), so be patient. Add the powdered sugar and cocoa powder and process again for 2 to 3 minutes, until the mixture turns dark and the ingredients are well combined. Now, slowly drizzle in enough oil to make a spread. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 4 to 6 weeks. Makes approximately two cups of nutella (16 servings). Per serving: 147 calories, 12 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 mg cholesterol, 9 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein, 0% vitamin A, 2% vitamin C, 2% calcium, 6% iron" from http://healthycooking.suite101.com/article.cfm/nutella

Love, Run, Sleep

A Saucy Wench

Homemade crepes Homemade whipped cream Homemade butter Nutella! Farm fresh eggs
          what part of this is "mostly plants" ?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The crepes were made of ground wheat...

Jazz hands!

what part of this is "mostly plants" ?
              Don't you know that Nutella grows on the Nutella bush?
              run run run AHHHHHH run run run

skinnycaponesugar

This reminds me... A few months back I became a "Fan of Nutella" on Facebook ... Roll eyes ... hasn't everyone? (for some reason I can't get to it at the moment) Anyway, I was later asked my opinion about introducing Nutella flavours for a market research. There were quite a few, mostly fruity, orange, blueberry are the ones that come to mind, coffee, as well. I couldn't tell whether they wether they would have bits of those things or if the whole thing would take the new flavour. A perfect case of "if it isn't broken..."

Love, Run, Sleep