A-Z Recipes

Pumpkins (Read 804 times)

Mine were Wholegrain, Yours are NOT!  although they sound DAYUM tasty too!

Let me know how you liked them......

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

The reasons for the changes

- I only had white flours and brown sugar in the cabinet

- No cranberries or nuts in the house

- LOTS of pumpkin in the house

- LOTS of good chocolates in the house

- The eggs were local small pullet eggs

- We have yogurt, of course

The reasons for the changes

- I only had white flours and brown sugar in the cabinet

- No cranberries or nuts in the house

- LOTS of pumpkin in the house

- LOTS of good chocolates in the house

- The eggs were local small pullet eggs

- We have yogurt, of course

Heh. My Hub just slathered a batch of homemade creme cheese frosting on top of said wholegrain muffin.....

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have the homemade butter from the homemade creme fraiche that goes along with the homemade buttermilk (Wink) to slather in just a few minutes...kitchen smells great! Big grin

You two.  Stop it now.  I can't make the muffins until Friday! 

Sandy, I thought I'd let you know that you have perfect timing and possibly telepathic powers.  My son had asked me if I could make pumpkin muffins for his school snacks.  This actually was an unusual request; he never asks me to bake stuff for his snacks.  But- ok!  That sounded really good to me too!  So before perusing the internet for a recipe, I logged on here and there it was!  Too funny.  So I'm counting down the minutes until I can sink my teeth into one.  *sigh*

You two.  Stop it now.  I can't make the muffins until Friday! 

Sandy, I thought I'd let you know that you have perfect timing and possibly telepathic powers.  My son had asked me if I could make pumpkin muffins for his school snacks.  This actually was an unusual request; he never asks me to bake stuff for his snacks.  But- ok!  That sounded really good to me too!  So before perusing the internet for a recipe, I logged on here and there it was!  Too funny.  So I'm counting down the minutes until I can sink my teeth into one.  *sigh*

Ha! No kidding! The question is, Will you make the healthy ones or will you go to the pumpkin dark side with Trent?

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Light side or dark side, you MUST NOT use canned pumpkin...
                  Light side or dark side, you MUST NOT use canned pumpkin...

+1

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

And preferably, use one of these varieties:

A Saucy Wench

I now have 4 pumpkins and an acorn squash...season is just getting started here.  I looked at good CSA's butternut squashes when I was helping pick on Saturday and they are not quite ready, still green around the gills.   I need to find a good storage location.  The house is too warm, in the winter the garage sometimes must get too cold because I have had squash rot out there.  Sigh.   As soon as I have room in my freezer I will cook them down for storage.

Truthfully the variety of sugar pie pumpkins I get from my CSA's are really really good.  Much closer in flavor to a butternut. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Ha! No kidding! The question is, Will you make the healthy ones or will you go to the pumpkin dark side with Trent?

Actually, I have a butternut squash on the counter right now I know I could get a cup out of (or two for a double batch).  I was going to use Libby's!     This one didn't really have a specific purpose, so maybe it'll be my pumpkin muffin squash! 

I just found a great pumkin seed recipe too but have never really baked a pumpkin.  That will be interesting when I do it.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

So if you double the recipe, don't make the mistake we made tonight and forget to double the sugar.  Doh!

But they are still good, just not as sweet.

Baking a pumpkin is easy as, er, pie Wink  Just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and bake @ 500 for about an hour.  Then let it cool.

So if you double the recipe, don't make the mistake we made tonight and forget to double the sugar.  Doh!

But they are still good, just not as sweet.

Baking a pumpkin is easy as, er, pie Wink  Just cut it in half, scoop out the seeds and bake @ 500 for about an hour.  Then let it cool.

I'm glad they're still good w/o the doubled sugar.  I'm sure they would be.  At least you didn't do what I did years ago while making cookies and accidentally used salt instead of sugar.  Don't ask how that happened.  Suffice it to say, one bite and .   So sad.  Throwing cookies away is not an easy thing to do.

Woohoo!  Just cooked my pumpkin and took the pulp out!  First time I've ever done that. 

So now I have to wait until I can go to the store tomorrow to pick up some more rice flour, darn it.  I make all my stuff gluten free and I thought I had enough flour.  *grumble* *grumble*  That's ok, though.  I'm going to set the seeds out overnight, and when I bake those, I can do the muffins tomorrow too. 

It smells so good in here! 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Sockoni, how did it go?

Apple/pumpkin butter going down in the kitchen right now!  I am canning it, but USDA recommends against canning pumpkin butter so I will ALSO store it in the fridge.  And eat it fast.

Big grin