A-Z Recipes

Moosewood Cookbooks (Read 172 times)

I just ordered a few of them from Amazon, just wondered how many of you have some of these, if you find that you use them often, and what your favorites are? Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

NEver really been a big fan, the food is heavy and complex. Frankly, I rarely use cookbooks except for more chemical cooking, such as baking. Generally I cook by feel and with what is fresh. Moosewood kinda forces a worldview and gets you using out of season foods.
        I NEVER cook a recipe as written. As a Chef, I can tell you, that alot of food prepared as written in books, is terribly boring to me. I like cookbooks because I collect them, and I draw inspiration from them to create my own food. Good to know on those, I picked them up used, so at least I did not spend very much on them.... Wink

dork.major dork.

I really love the moosewood books. I also often tweak things, and agree with Trent that things tend to be more complex than necessary. I have the low-fat one which is lighter and moosewood cooks for a crowd -- which has a lot of delicious soups. I'm a soup fan, esp. in the winter.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

My usual soup recipe: Throw stuff in pot. Add liquid. Simmer. Wink
              My usual soup recipe: Throw stuff in pot. Add liquid. Simmer. Wink
              Smile