A-Z Recipes

Bok Choy? (Read 185 times)

So, I have some bok choy, and now that I have it I don't know what to do with it...can anyone recommend anything? Thank you! PS: I don't really like soy sauce and I don't eat meat...does that limit me? Smile
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Steam it. - or - Sautee it with olive oil, salt and pepper. - or - Chop it and mix it in with a thick winter soup, like a squash or pumpkin soup. - or - Chop it and sautee it with peeled roasted chestnuts. - or - Bake it with butter and parmesan cheese on top.
        Steam it. - or - Sautee it with olive oil, salt and pepper. - or - Chop it and mix it in with a thick winter soup, like a squash or pumpkin soup. - or - Chop it and sautee it with peeled roasted chestnuts. - or - Bake it with butter and parmesan cheese on top.
        I feel a touch like an idiot, I don't cook, ever. Do I use the whole thing? Or are there parts to be discarded? Thank you for the suggestions-all doable by the way-even by someone that doesn't cook!
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

All easy to do. If the outer leaves are brown or the stem is woody, you can chop those parts. Bok Choy is just a cabbage or a big funny looking Brussels Sprout. It is a touch bitter, which is why most of my suggestions pair it with something sweet or creamy.