A-Z Recipes

Eggplant Parm? (Read 49 times)

Double IPA Please!

Anyone have a good recipe?  Please? Thanks!

Interested in looking good and feeling great? Check out my website at www.marykay.com/dyerger

Shipping is always free with me!! :-)

Karen M

I haven't had eggplant parmesan in years, for my sinuses had to give up dairy. But what I remember is layering spaghetti sauce, eggplant slices, a fresh parm/ricotta cheese mix, and the same layers again. Sorry it's not a real recipe, but that will be a great Thanksgiving dish if that's what you're serving!  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

A Saucy Wench

I do an unfried version by either roasting or caramelizing thin eggplant slices with sweet onion and then layering with marinara and mozzarella and parmesan.  It is yummy but it is NOTHING like fried eggplant parm

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yoda the 4-eared cat

The recipe  I use does Eggplant parmegiana with taleggio rather than mozzarella.

Basically:

- Slice eggplants 1cm thick, brush with oil and fry in a grill pan (to use a minimum of oil) until soft.

- Layer: Eggplant/fresh basil leaves/tomato sauce/finely sliced taleggio / grated parmesan finishing with the tallegio and parmesan

- Bake hot for 25-30 minutes until cheese on top is bubbling and golden