A-Z Recipes

Christmas Cookies without nuts (Read 1024 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Anybody have any good recipes for Christmas cookies that don't contain nuts besides the usual sugar cookies and spritz?  All of my recipes contain either walnuts or pecans. 

running yogi

this is one of my favorite cookie recipes. the walnuts are really optional

Chocolate Chip Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies

No bakes.  My best friend from school always makes me no bakes for Christmas.  I don't know if they are really a Christmas cookie, but they are Christmas to me.

MTA:  Duh, there is peanut butter in No Bakes.  I didn't realize it was for an allergy...I thought maybe you just hated nuts in cookies (yeah, I love nuts, but hate them in cookies!).

t_runner

You must be baking for somebody like me.  Allergies suck.

A lot of the standards that include nuts can be good without (snowballs - or whatever those round butter cookies rolled in powdered sugar are called - I know many make with nuts, but they are good without).

I always make these:

Raspberry Strippers  (funny name, but everybody always loves them)

Coconut Biscotti  (I dip the ends of these in melted chocolate and roll in toasted coconut)

Molasses and Ginger Stars

Cranberry and Oatmeal Spice Cookies

Pizzelles

Unfortunately for my waistline, I do not let my allergies slow down my Christmas cookie eating. 

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Thanks!  Personally I don't see the point of cookies without nuts, but I'm taking them to church and we try to keep  it a nut free building since so many kids have allergies these days.

I'll definitely be trying some of these.