A-Z Recipes

I love soup soup soup! (Read 213 times)

A Saucy Wench

I was gone most of last week so today I got a new basket from my CSA...only to find nearly an entire basket from last week still in the fridge. Soup time!!! Today's soup was from the CSA: carrot, sweet onion, yellow potato, purple potato, sweet corn, zucchini (nothing peeled, just scrubbed) from the pantry: olive oil, oregano, basil, rosemary, parsley, salt, black pepper and cayenne, and chicken broth & cleaning out the fridge leftovers: 3/4 can pumpkin, ~ 1 c. Progresso Lentil soup served chunky with shredded parmesan and a splash of Frank's. yummy. I'll eat about 1/4 of the pot and freeze the rest for this winter. I still have a TON of zucchini and green beans left so probably will make a lentil minestrone to freeze also. Its my favorite way of preserving the extra CSA veggies...takes care of my need for super fast lunches all winter. Big grin Plus I am stuffed for 400 calories

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Plus I am stuffed for 400 calories
      Gotta LOVE that..... Big grin

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS"