A-Z Recipes

Purple soup! (Read 165 times)

So yummy!!! It was a beautiful shade of purple and tasted quite good! Of course, my friend commented that "any idiot would use the green cabbage and not the red both of which were in the fridge" but I think it looked beautiful! Thai Garlic Soup (Molly Katzen) Ingredients: 4 tb Minced garlic; or more 2 tb Peanut oil 6 c Fat-free chicken broth or 4 ts Soy sauce; to taste (I used veggie chicken soup powder) 1 ts Salt; or less 3 c Cabbage; coarsely shredded 2 md Carrots; diagonal 1" pieces OPTIONALS or 1 Stalk celery; chopped A few mushrooms; sliced GARNISH: Crushed red pepper; to taste (I didnt use this) In a deep saucepan or Dutch oven saute the garlic in oil over medium heat until it starts to turn brown. (This will take only a few minutes.) Add remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil. Lower the heat and simmer, covered, about 10 minutes, or until all the vegetables are tender. Taste and adjust seasonings. Serve immediately or store for reheating later. (Unlike many other soups, this one is not delicate, and reheats readily.)
      This reminds me of Bridget Jones' blue soup. Big grin Now I want to watch that movie again! **Sighs and daydreams about making out with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth** Lovely.
      zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This reminds me of Bridget Jones' blue soup. Big grin Now I want to watch that movie again! **Sighs and daydreams about making out with Hugh Grant and Colin Firth** Lovely.
        I saw the title of this thread and thought that very same thing...funny, that movie was on one of the cable networks last night. Love it! That purple soup sounds really good. I LOVE anything heavy on garlic. Hmmm...I've been battling a cold/sinus thing and haven't had enough garlic. Years ago I was eating tons of garlic on a regular basis and went for almost a year without a single cold. Coincidence?

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

BTW - I made it again this weekend with green cabbage and it wasnt as good. I think maybe I added too much cabbage. But I also think the red cabbage was a bit gentler.