A-Z Recipes

What on earth do I do with ground flax seed? (Read 492 times)

Jazz hands!

I have a ton of this stuff-I bought  a bag over the weekend to make vegan cupcakes (from Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World. DELICIOUS) and then yesterday, discovered I ALREADY had a bag in my fridge. Great. How long will these keep in the fridge? And what the hell do I do with two pounds of it? The cupcakes only take 2 tbsp and eating enough cupcakes to use it all in a timely fashion isn't really an option.
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

A Saucy Wench

Double bag them and stick them in the freezer.  They'll last practically forever that way. 

You can add them to pretty much anything. Pancakes, bread, oatmeal, mix in breadcrumbs for anything you might bread, basically anywhere you might use flour, nuts, or other seeds. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Jazz hands!

All right, I'll just put them in everything I bake until they're gone. Sounds like a plan.

I don't think I can sprout the ground ones.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run
        sluggo

John

Double bag them and stick them in the freezer.  They'll last practically forever that way. 

You can add them to pretty much anything. Pancakes, bread, oatmeal, mix in breadcrumbs for anything you might bread, basically anywhere you might use flour, nuts, or other seeds. 

+1 for the oatmeal plan!

John
          www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

running yogi

that and sprinkle it on ur oatmeal or ur cold cereal or ur yogurt. put it in ur omelette or ur frittata or ur quiche. sprinkle it on ur salad. sprinkle some in your meat sauce. put it in your homemade burger or meatballs.

They are good for you no matter where you sneak them in.

All right, I'll just put them in everything I bake until they're gone. Sounds like a plan.

I would sprinkle ground flaxseed on my son's waffle then spread Nutella over it.

My running partner!

Put it in smoothies!
                Kat

Home Away From Home

I use flax seed on my of my favorite breakfasts and it is good for runner.  A toasted slice of whole wheat bread, spread a layor of honey mustard on it, you can either slice fresh avacado or I prefer to make a gaucolome first and then spread, slice some fresh tomatoes, top with a drizzle of olive oil, pinch of pepper and dash of flax seed. Love it.  

MM#5768

"Anyone can do it in ideal conditions"- A quote from a true NE CN runner and friend.