A-Z Recipes

pastry board? (Read 391 times)

Jazz hands!

I think I need a pastry board--my kitchen counter is f&$*ing tile (who does that? And yes, I've extracted an agreement from Boyfriend that should we ever move into a house, we are going to have real damn counters), so I can't roll anything out on it for cinnamon rolls or cookies or etc. There are lots of fancy marble ones but can I get away with using a big wooden cutting board, at least for a while?
    run run run AHHHHHH run run run

You can, they are just a bit bulky......

Look for one that is by Epicurean. They are a composite material that is AWESOME, and the boards can go right into the dishwasher to keep them sanitary. They are a bit more pricey, but worth every penny, they are indestructable!

Good Luck!

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

A Saucy Wench

I have stupid tile too.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Former runner

I have stupid tile too.

I'll trade you some stupid tile for some fugly fake black granite laminate. Wink

Ross

A Saucy Wench

I'll trade you some stupid tile for some fugly fake black granite laminate. Wink

Deal.  You haven't seen my turquoise tile that was badly installed with grout smears and mismatched sizes.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Former runner

Deal.  You haven't seen my turquoise tile that was badly installed with grout smears and mismatched sizes.

I think turquoise would be an upgrade for my kitchen. Heck I'll even throw in the matching peel and stick floor tiles. Wink

I can't wait to gut this kitchen. Unfortunately I need to fix the holes in my garage first.

Ross

I have stupid tile too.

I have bright green stupid tile too!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I would trade all y'all's countertops for a kitchen that is actually finished.  I have drawers without fronts, no upper-level cabinets, and the lower cabinets have no doors.  This has been the case for...like 3 (4?...I forget) years, now.  Damned cyclist hubby who had grandiose plans of building his own cabinets, then getting sucked-into cycling. Tongue

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Jazz hands!

Ha, I'm mostly annoyed at the grouting (white, why do they make grouting white? It will never be white again), and white stone tile floors. Very nice, but anything that falls is smashed to pieces, no exceptions, and did I mention white?!? EVERYTHING shows up.

I'll probably use the back of the big cutting board for now, and purchase a proper pastry board sometime in the future.

Now: any advice on oiling cutting boards? tomorrow's the big day.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run