A-Z Recipes

Sweet Potato Gnocchi (Read 262 times)

I bought some sweet potato gnocchi on a whim at the gourmet market.  I would usually make my own, but I've never made sweet potato before & never have time to cook anymore.  Anyone have any brilliant ideas on a sauce for me?  I'm not feeling very inspired right now.

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
    Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Butter Smile

(For real)

RunsForCake

Brown butter, fresh sage and shallots.  I had that over plain gnocchi once and it was heavenly.

I love just about anything sweet potato so I may try this myself. 

Butter Smile

(For real)

I was thinking butter that night but wasn't feeling creative.  Turns out my lack of creativity might have been tasty!  Wink  Thanks!  So sweet potato gnocchi & butter it is tonight.

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3

I know this is an old thread, but I stumbled across this recipe (and blog) and it really is amazing....

http://www.katheats.com/favorite-foods/sweet-potato-gnocchi

She uses butter and rosemary for her 'sauce'. They get sauteed, so its nice and golden on the outside, soft and chewy on the inside.

They'll tell you that failure is not an option.  That's ridiculous.  Failure is always an option.  It is the easiest and most readily available option.  It's your choice though.