A-Z Recipes

Curries (Read 361 times)

After a year of not running enough to call myself a runner, or visit this site, I am finally healthy enough to run again.  On the bright side, I spent a good deal of the last year becoming obsessed with cooking reasonably authentic curries.  For the meat curries I generally use pork tenderloin instead of whatever meat is called for just because of the crazy nutritional values in the pork tenderloin.  At any rate, I would be happy to post some recipes if anyone has interest.  Just be forewarned that you may have to visit the shops in Middle Eastern / S.E. Asian parts of your local city to find ingredients.  You won't be able to find a lot of this at the local Winn Dixie.  Anyway, if there's interest I'd be happy to post a few.

And who am I anyway?
    Just another fat jogger, evidently.

Know how to make a Japanese-style curry that doesn't involve boxed mix?

I don't think I've ever had any other kind of curry ... Blush

No, all  of mine are of the Indian / East Asian / Persian variety.  But they are crazy healthy, fun to make, and taste great.   Downside - they do require spices not usually found at Wal Mart, and they tend to be a bit on the spicy side.

And who am I anyway?
        Just another fat jogger, evidently.
        Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Upside - they do require spices not usually found at Wal Mart, and they tend to be a bit on the spicy side.

FTFY.

Order here or here.

Jazz hands!

I just made curry tonight! Sooner or later I'm going to make my own Thai curry paste.

run run run AHHHHHH run run run
            sluggo

John

Anyway, if there's interest I'd be happy to post a few.

I am surprised no one said yes yet. So I will. YES! Please post a few recipes. I am personally more interested in meatless (vegetarian) choices.

Thanks

John
              www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

running yogi

yes please bring them on. i am indian. i make lots of curries - mostly traditional, but it's always nice to get new ideas.

Jazz hands!

Me too--meant to say that when I posted before! Lucky for me, I live in the SE Asian / Middle Eastern part of my local city Smile

run run run AHHHHHH run run run
                  jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Would love to see some new recipes.  We have Penzey's spice store 2 miles from our house.  And my closest grocery store has ethnic aisles, so I can find all kinds of stuff locally.

I'm looking for a new Thai red curry recipe...the tastes I want just aren't there on the recipe I have and I've tweaked it so much I don't even know what the real recipe is anymore.  If I find a good one I'll share.