A-Z Recipes

Does hummus freeze? (Read 104 times)

A Saucy Wench

dd loves hummus, it is one of the few really healthy things she does like but we just cant get through it before it turns moldy. Do you think it would freeze well?

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Yes, you can freeze hummus. You can use an ice cube tray to make single-sized servings or other methods to make smaller portions. If you do, once they're frozen you can put them all in one container or freezer bag. Defrost in the fridge or at room temperature.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

A Saucy Wench

Thanks Cheffy! I have so many ice cube trays from when I made baby food - I am glad that stage is over, although it didnt last long with ds, he wanted real food from the get go. I need to start making my own hummus again, I didnt use it enough to worry about before and there is a really good local brand at my natural store. But damn it gets expensive when she goes on a run of it.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7