A-Z Recipes

Holiday catering season is upon us (Read 157 times)

and once again, I believe we are catering an employee party for our local health food/herbal/all things natural store. I'd love to get ideas on what to make as their diet restrictions are a royal PITA from the caterers point of view. They aren't vegan, nor even vegetarian, but the owners do the whole eating for your blood type thing & the list of no's is long. I call it the "food free food party". Big grin Recipes/ideas can NOT contain the following: Soy Wheat Corn Potatoes Dairy products Gluten I think I'm missing something on the no list, but that is a start! Meat is ok, seafood is ok. Dairy products are the biggest no no!! Suggestions, anyone? They'll want dessert too.
    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
      Jello? Clowning around
        What About Peanuts? any restriction there? Chicken and Beef Satay with thai peanut dipping sauce? shrimp with a variety of sauces such as traditional cocktail, lemon garlic Hummous with warm pita triangles ( make traditional and roasted red pepper hummous) tabouli- Middle eastern parsley and bulger salad with lots of tomatoes and cucumbers... yummy Stuffed mushrooms Pasta dishes are fairly easy, just make them with tomato based sauces without parmesan ( boring) but spice them up really well Desserts are a real challenge, but I would suggest maybe just some spiced ( holiday type) roasted seasonal fruit with an otameal brown sugar topping..... you can use honey to pull together the otameal and brown sugar rather than butter. The taste will still be good. You can try crustless pumpkin pies in mini ramekins using rice milk instead of soy or dairy and make them like brulee's .... Good Luck! Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

dork.major dork.

So what we have here are fruit and vegetables and meat. Essentially. Something with Quinoa, the berry that will save the world. Dessert: I would bake some apples/pears and serve them... like apple crisp without the crisp. Good LUCK, Eryn!!

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.