A-Z Recipes

Baby oh baby! (Read 222 times)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Six. Six figs from my fig tree! All at once!!! Usually it only ripens one at a time, for it is yet a young tree. Tonight, out in the heady warm dusk, I found six figs!! Dude.
      Now all you need is some quality Goat cheese and some of that Awesome Honey you have, and you have some heavenly tasty bites! I would pair that with a Stellar Viogner perfectly chilled. Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Um. All gone. Couldn't wait. Big grin
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Figs can grow in TN? I did not know that. I always think of them as a tropical, hot climate plant. I'm pretty sure we can't grow them up here in the Arctic north. You know, I'm not sure I have ever had a fresh fig. I think I have seen them at the store. I do loves me some Fig Newtons, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Zone 7 baby! Some years the tree freezes away in the winter but comes back from the roots...there is very little like a fresh fig!
              Trent, We have Crabapple Jelly coming your way in November.... Hub put up LOTS of pints and half pints. Sure sign that Summer is over, we just put up all the canning supplies for the Winter. Jelly making went on for a week straight! Smile MTA: Tree has not been sprayed with anything EVER. So organically produced. And magically it puts on fruit every 2 years.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

dork.major dork.

BF and I canned the other week. Got 5 lbs of tomatoes from the farmer's market for free because the farmer didn't think he could sell them because they were bruised -- silly yuppies Roll eyes Chipotle-Tomato Salsa, basic, delicious, useful for everything. And then we made some Serrano-Peach Jam which we've been eating on dark bread with homemade yogurt cheese -- sweet and spicy like none other.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

A Saucy Wench

We used to grow a fig tree in Lancaster PA. Didnt get a lot out of it, but man were they good. I love fresh figs. I am pretty sure that is one of the plants we would build a cage around and mulch it 3 feet deep in the winter to keep it from deep root freezing. And we had it in a protected corner that got full southern sun but protected from the north winds. My mom managed to grow a lot of plants that were not zoned for our climate with careful mulching. We would smother one of her bushes, bury it in leaves the minute they started to fall and not uncover it until the daffodills were blooming.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There are three kinds of Damn: Damn. Double Damn. Fig Damn. 4 more today. Warm from the sun.