A-Z Recipes

Whole Chicken (Read 150 times)

I bought a whole roasting chicken at Trader Joes- I think I will throw it in the crock pot with some veggies and garlic/onions/salt/pepper, unless you all have got better ideas??
      I love to do that- just throw it in, let it cook slowly and then it falls off the bone by dinnertime! No work, easy meal. It's a weekend, take the easy route! Smile
        I've done that with a whole "cut up" chicken,.. But I sort of fear a whole bird. The cut up chicken is pretty cheap. Much cheaper than breast. And it falls off the bone. I make DH some stovetop, and I eat salad or green beens. Cheap, and low cal. What's not to love? Cool

- Anya

dork.major dork.

I bought a whole roasting chicken at Trader Joes- I think I will throw it in the crock pot with some veggies and garlic/onions/salt/pepper, unless you all have got better ideas??
          I tend to take chopped up garlic and dried rosemary mixed with olive oil and pushed under the skin, and then roasted at 400 degrees for about an hour (depending on weight), until the juice is clear and the leg joint is loose (or get an instant read meat thermometer). Baste it from time to time. Sometimes you need to cover it with tinfoil for part of the cooking time so that the skin doesn't get too crispy.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.