A-Z Recipes

Rice Bfast (Read 160 times)

dork.major dork.

So this morning in a breakfast slump I decided to microwave: -leftover rice -chopped fresh pear -cinnamon and nutmeg -milk -brown sugar YUM. Kinda like the oatmeal I've been eating all week, but it didn't explode in the microwave...

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

I do that every once in awhile (haven't tried the pear yet)! Really yummy! It reminds me of my childhood when Mom used to make it. Smile
        So this morning in a breakfast slump I decided to microwave: -leftover rice -chopped fresh pear -cinnamon and nutmeg -milk -brown sugar YUM. Kinda like the oatmeal I've been eating all week, but it didn't explode in the microwave...
        Ya' Know, That is a great sounding breakfast. Leftover rice when you try to eat it as a savory dish always loses something once it's been refrigerated cold. I will have to try this, as I have about 2 cups brown rice in the fridge right now... Thanks for posting! Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

3/4 cup leftover rice 1/4 cup milk 3 dates-chopped few almond slivers honey to taste 1/4 tsp coriander 1/8 tsp cardamom dash of vanilla extract cook all in a pot! Actually, I have not only tried it with leftover rice, but with oatmeal and quinoa in place of the rice-all are tasty...it is my new favorite!