A-Z Recipes

What food processor? sigh (Read 429 times)

A Saucy Wench

Can you believe it, a week after my mixer broke, dh dropped my food processor on the marble tile and destroyed the base. 

OK, actually for this I would probably go with what I had before.   I use it mostly for the S-blade for salsa and chopping onions etc.  (bad timing as after the mixer I cant really afford a food processor and it is salsa season now. )  I liked the one I had as it had a large hopper. 

Sigh. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I have the big bad boy Cuisinart 14 cup stainless steel job that I got 2 years ago for Christmas..... ( I know, but in MY world, these are as good as jewlery or toys if you are a kid ...lol) and I LOVE it. I wanted it initially because Hub grows so much basil and we sun dry so many tomatoes in the summer that I wanted a large enough capacity for making pesto. It is AWESOME. 

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

A Saucy Wench

I have the big bad boy Cuisinart 14 cup stainless steel job that I got 2 years ago for Christmas..... ( I know, but in MY world, these are as good as jewlery or toys if you are a kid ...lol) and I LOVE it. I wanted it initially because Hub grows so much basil and we sun dry so many tomatoes in the summer that I wanted a large enough capacity for making pesto. It is AWESOME. 

Oh yeah, I love kitchen appliances for presents.  Our first Xmas together I got a wok, a blender and a microwave.  Is it any wonder I married the guy?  That microwave oven lasted 15 years and I have been through 3 in the last 5.  Damn decline in manufacturing.

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

When my DH gave me a waffle iron, I was estastic so I totally get that small appliances can be fun gifts for some people.

Ennay, I got nothing for advice on food processors. I don't have one, but I'd love to see your salsas recipe if it's not a guarded secret. Wink

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

A Saucy Wench

When my DH gave me a waffle iron, I was estastic so I totally get that small appliances can be fun gifts for some people.

Ennay, I got nothing for advice on food processors. I don't have one, but I'd love to see your salsas recipe if it's not a guarded secret. Wink

heh....salsa is like spag sauce for me "recipe" is a loose term.  Tomatoes, seeded jalapenos, onion, cilantro, garlic, lime juice and salt.   Use roma type tomatoes if you want a drier, more pico de gallo type salsa, use regular tomatoes if you want a more liquid chip dipping type salsa.   Make at least 2 hours before serving.   I usually make a batch and make sure I have extra tomatoes, lime and cilantro on hand that way if it is too spicy I can adjust.  I suppose I should have an extra jalepeno on hand in case it is not spicy enough but that has never ever happened.  Keeps about 4-5 days in the fridge in theory.  I've never had it last that long

I should get my cousins canned salsa recipe...it is really good.  I wanted to can some salsa this year, but without the food p I just made more spag sauce.  Oddly, I had made a bunch of sauce the day before I went on vacation with the intent of clearing out the fridge and produce.  My intent was to make a sauce base that wouldnt be perfect but that I could add some  seasoning and maybe fresh produce and wine to when the time was right.  It was garbage sauce.  Tomatoes, tomatillos, zucchini, wilty carrots, spinach, red onion, green onion, some of what I thought were green sweet peppers that apparently had a little kick, sweet red peppers, remnants of 3 kinds of salsa and some fresh spag sauce I had made a couple days before.    Damn  if that sauce wasnt the best sauce yet.

HOSS1961

I broke 2 processors several years ago and have gone the knife route since.  I guess you don't come a knockin' when the Hoss is a choppin'.
              HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured
              Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What were you chopping?  What food processor were you using?
                HOSS1961

Both times I was shredding cheeses....what an idiot doing that.  Now I really don't feel a great need for the processor.  I have made salsa and such using just the knives and it is fine.  I also have a kick ass blender if I need to smooth things out.
                  HOSS 2009 Goals Have a healthy back and run w/o pain! Drop 15 pounds gained while injured