A-Z Recipes

Do people really eat this crap? (Read 622 times)

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I'm not a fan of Paula Deen - especially when the first time I saw her she was making bread pudding out of Krispy Kreme donuts.  I do turn the show on when I want a good laugh.  But, seriously, do people really eat this crap?  She deep fried a cake!

It's a deep fried Thanksgiving on this holiday edition of Paula's Party. Paula's putting new fried twists on your favorite Thanksgiving foods. She's going from deep fried stuffing on a stick to fried cranberry fritters to a deep fried turkey glazed in pecans! You won't believe who's coming to Thanksgiving dinner when a football legend stops by to cook with Paula and make a pass to the Deen brothers. A famous TV mom also drops in to cook up a Thanksgiving pot pie with leftovers.

Recipes in This Episode

A Saucy Wench

Fried buttah

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I am SO not clicking on that...I don't need to know about such things...

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

A Saucy Wench

I was at a nice restaurant once and my tablemate asked the chef how they made such good mashed potatoes. 

DID NOT NEED TO KNOW.   so of course I will share.

You start by boiling the potatoes and mashing them.   Then you spread them on a cookie sheet in a warm oven to dry out so that they can absorb MORE heavy whipping cream and butter then they would have before.  

So when you are somewhere and thinking DAMN these are good MP's you are probably eating butterfat held together by a few molecules of potato starch.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ugh, damn...and I thought the ones I made with half-n-half and sour cream (and bacon pieces and chives) were decadent! <---crying at the thought of such potatoey goodness!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I have had KK bread pudding.  It was great.  It was also about a 1/3 cup dose, with coffee at a restaurant.  Yum, in moderation.

Yes about the mashed potatoes.  I have tried that.  It is, er, good.

Not so very long ago I was co-owner of a restaurant.  This was how I made them.  And when I have the time & energy at home, I make them like this.  They also require enough garlic to repel 10 vampires, and though you may think this is healthy, I saute the garlic in gobs of butter with lots of Nature's Seasoning.  I don't even like potatoes & I'll eat these!

You start by boiling the potatoes and mashing them.   Then you spread them on a cookie sheet in a warm oven to dry out so that they can absorb MORE heavy whipping cream and butter then they would have before.  

So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3