A-Z Recipes

Just throw it all in a pot and cook it! (Read 221 times)

I made the best chipotle chicken chili today and the best part was how simple it was.... Into a crockpot went: 1can kidney beans 1 can corn 1 can diced tomotoes 1/2 small can tomato paste 1/2 can choptle peppers in sauce 1 chopped red pepper 1/4 onion, chopped 5 chicken thighs handful of chopped jalepenos I basically threw the chicken thighs (still partially frozen) into the bottom and threw everything else on top. I cooked it on high for 2.5 hours, then took out the chicken and shredded it off the bone, and removed the skin I tossed the shredded chicken back in, mixed once and set it on low for another hour or two while I went out running. Voila! and HOLY HOT!! loved it! Any other quick one-pot meals???
    zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

That sounds really yummy...I am going to have to try this. I love crock pots! My crock-pot standby is a bottom round roast (cheap, tender, lean, tasty), a half cup of red wine, minced garlic, black pepper...set it to low and leave it for the better part of a day. Good eats. My mom has a crock pot Italian beef recipe that I need to ask her for. I think she made it with something like a bottom round roast, then when it was fully cooked she would shred it with a fork and serve it on rolls.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Ok, this sounds like what my mom makes: INGREDIENTS 3 pounds beef chuck roast 3 (1 ounce) packages dry Italian salad dressing mix 1 cup water 1 (16 ounce) jar pepperoncini peppers 8 hamburger buns, split DIRECTIONS Place the roast into a slow cooker, and season with Italian dressing mix. Pour in the water. Cover, and cook on High for 6 to 7 hours. During the last hour, shred the meat with two forks - if it does not shred easily, cook longer. Add the peppers, and as much of the juice as you like for additional flavor. Serve on buns.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Easy Beef Burgundy 2# lean round steak, cut into strips 1/2 cup burgundy wine 4 oz can mushrooms, drained 1 can cream of mushroom soup 1 pkg onion soup mix 4 cloves garlic salt, pepper Combine all in 3 quart Dutch oven. Cover and bake at 300 for 3 hours. Serve with rice or noodles. (I'm actually making it with venison tonight)
            1 package boneless, skinless chicken breasts 1 bottle Kraft Zesty Italian salad dressing Cook on low 4-6 hours. Done. Great flavor by itself on over whole wheat pasta w/ olive oil, Italian seasonings & freshly grated Parm or Romano cheese. (add sauteed sundried tomatoes & mushrooms for extra flavor) Or I cook a batch of this, chop the chicken & freeze for later use in about any chicken recipe. Enough flavor to stand alone yet not so much it over powers whatever you are using in a recipe.
            So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Pretty new here, but this os one of my favorites: Bake chicken breasts in salsa. When cooked, cut up chicken and add cooked rice. Cover with cheese and stick it back in the oven til cheese melts. Should be chicken-y, salsa-y, cheese-y carb-y goodness.