A-Z Recipes

Cooked rice (Read 241 times)

Any good recipes for what to do with some left-over cooked rice? (Evidently rice expands when it cooks....and evidently is expands more in Israel in the US and Americans in Israel eat less of it than Americans in the US....) I made some fried rice today which actually came out pretty blah. But I still have more.....
      When I lived in Japan, I would sometimes use leftover rice to make a "cereal" for breakfast. Eat it like you would oatmeal- warm it up, throw in some milk, raisins, banana, whatever. Sounds weird, but not bad. Also "onigiri" (Japanese rice balls)- add a little salt and press rice into a ball shape (more like a triangle). Put it in the fridge and snack on them whenever. You can also add beans or sesame. YOu can throw rice into just about anything- I like it in soups, burritos, casseroles.... Just experiment!
      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

sautee with eggs boil with milk and sugar tomato soup
          boil with milk and sugar
          I do this for breakfast...fabulous. And add a few slices of mango. Delicious!
          Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

If you are going to add Mango, I'd suggest that you boil it with coconut milk instead. And a touch of sugar, to taste. Coconut rice with fresh mango is about 10 shades of good!
              boil with milk and sugar
              I do this too!! Delicious!! I use a little brown sugar. Or how about just wrapping some up in a tortilla with some chili and cheese?
                Brown Rice Salad- Made from leftover Brown rice ( or regular) 6 slices bacon 1/2 cup diced red onion 1/2 cup white wine vinegar 1/2 cup chicken broth 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard 1 teaspoon sugar 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus a pinch 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill In a 10-inch saute pan over medium heat, fry the bacon until crisp. Drain, crumble, and set aside. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add the red onion to the pan and cook until translucent, approximately 5 to 6 minutes. Add the vinegar, chicken broth, mustard, sugar, salt, and pepper to the pan and stir to combine. Add the bacon back to the pan along with the rice and cook, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is absorbed, approximately 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in the dill. Allow to cool slightly before serving. This can be made with Turkey bacon, but it is not NEAR as sinful.... Tongue Enjoy! This is a great salad to take to picnics in the Summer as it does not really require to be kept cold.

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

If you are going to add Mango, I'd suggest that you boil it with coconut milk instead. And a touch of sugar, to taste. Coconut rice with fresh mango is about 10 shades of good!
                  Cannot wait to do this! A couple mangoes are coming in my veggie/fruit basket this week! I bought some coconut milk today and will daydream about this until mangoes arrive on later in the week...thanks!
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Make sure you boil COOKED rice with the coconut milk OR simmer the coconut milk with sugar to taste and toss the warm rice with this.

skinnycaponesugar

Chuck it in with some beans Stir Smile

Love, Run, Sleep