A-Z Recipes

Type of bakeware (Read 247 times)

Former runner

I've started doing more in the kitchen lately and was thinking about getting some bakeware. Right now I'm thinking about trying some breads. What do you use or recommend for types of bakeware? Is that silicone stuff better than non-stick?

Ross

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

What will you be using it for? Cast iron is da bomb.

Former runner

I was thinking about trying to make some bread. I made a couple of pizzas this weekend and it got me thinking about pizza dough and breads.

Ross

dork.major dork.

I would strongly suggest the stuff that is double-ply so that there is a layer of air between the top and bottom of the pan. Awesome. Also +1 on the cast iron.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Jazz hands!

How do you guys feel about glass bakeware? I have some cheapo nonstick stuff, and am thinking about upgrading to something that won't scratch so much.
            run run run AHHHHHH run run run
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I bake bread all the time. I use no bakeware. I bake it on a pizza stone after shaping it. Glassware is good for baking casseroles and brownies, but not a lot else.

Jazz hands!

I bake bread all the time. I use no bakeware. I bake it on a pizza stone after shaping it. Glassware is good for baking casseroles and brownies, but not a lot else.
                I'm specifically thinking of pies and lasagna--stuff you cut while it's still in the pan. Any other non-scratch options?
                Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

For those, the glass and cast iron is great.

Jazz hands!

Word.

dork.major dork.

For those, the glass and cast iron is great.
                      +1

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.