A-Z Recipes

Halvas - what do you do with it? (Read 201 times)

skinnycaponesugar

My friend gave me a 500g container of Greek Halva. It's like a dry paste made out of ground sesame seeds, glucose syrup, sugar and oil. She suggested to sprinkle it on cereal, and yes, it's ok like that, but surely there must be something better I can use it for Any suggestions? Smile

Love, Run, Sleep

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Eat it as is. It is a candy and that is how folks eat it. Like a fudge. Or send it to me Big grin

skinnycaponesugar

I would send it, but the kids have already been in it with their fingers Next year I might get some and spoon it straight into the trick-or-treaters hands on Halloween... Big grin

Love, Run, Sleep

Use it to fill hammentaschen. Or other pasteries.

skinnycaponesugar

I modified my breakfast protein shake to include halvas! 1 teaspoon of halvas (I would normally use peanut butter here) 2 teaspoons of whey powder 6 frozen strawberries (sans green bits. I buy lots when they're on season and literally chuck the tray in the freezer) 6 ice cubes (I like it cold) 1 banana 2 tablespoons of rolled oats (or all bran cereal) Enough skim milk or soy milk to almost cover the other ingredients. Sometimes I use 1 part yoghurt to 2 parts milk. Blend It serves 2 or 3 (about 600ml total)

Love, Run, Sleep