A-Z Recipes

How Do You Like Your Oatmeal? (Read 726 times)

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

After reading the suggestion of oatmeal with soya sauce and scallions, I'm curious what else is out there. How do you like to eat your oatmeal? What are your favourite add-ins?

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

sluggo

John

My favorite oatmeal is McCann's steel cut oatmeal, cooked with a handful of raisins.

After cooking, I add plain yogurt - sometimes, not often, a splash of maple syrup.

I guess this is pretty pedestrian compared to "soya sauce and scallions" but I like it and eat it nearly every morning - with a big cup of OJ on the side.

John
      www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

I guess this is pretty pedestrian compared to "soya sauce and scallions" but I like it and eat it nearly every morning - with a big cup of OJ on the side.

Nothing wrong with simple. Mine had brown sugar and milk this morning. I'm just looking for some better and different ideas. Smile

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

A Saucy Wench

banana, walnuts, cinnamon and either brown sugar or honey.  It's like banana bread in a bowl.

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

I have been on a cardamon, coriander, a little vanilla extract and some rice syrup kick for about 2 years now.  Usually add walnuts to it too.

I look my best blurry!

In the ever popular cookie form!  With nuts, raisins and dark chocolate chips!

still alive

I prefer my oatmeal (steel cut oats first toasted in a little bit of butter then cooked with a mixture of milk and water) on the savory side. I don't really get into the brown sugar, raisins, etc.

I sprinkle my oatmeal with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and top it with a poached egg. I love to stir in the runny yolk. YUM!

Greg in ND

One day at a time.

Greg, you might like Spicy Mole Oatmeal Chili. I got the recipe from one of women here on RA (I think it was Knifey?). Sometimes I have it with an egg on top for breakfast. I agree about the runny yolks, yumm.

I also like steel cut oatmeal with a touch of butter & sugar, some walnuts & cinnamon.

Haven't tried this yet, no idea how it is...but it looks good.

pina oatlada

I look my best blurry!

I prefer my oatmeal (steel cut oats first toasted in a little bit of butter then cooked with a mixture of milk and water) on the savory side. I don't really get into the brown sugar, raisins, etc.

I sprinkle my oatmeal with salt and fresh cracked black pepper and top it with a poached egg. I love to stir in the runny yolk. YUM!

I have heard that oatmeal and eggs is the ultimate pre-workout meal.  I am going to have to try this.  I'll let you know what I think.  

I look my best blurry!

Today I made banana pecan bread and substituted one of the 2 cups of flour with 1 1/2 cups of oatmeal.  Yummy!

This morning I had some steel cut oatmeal with a sunnyside up egg mixed in & added some soy sauce and a dash of hot sauce. Very yummy. Reminded me of something I ate as a child -- hot rice with a raw egg & soy sauce mixed in.

i have eaten the oatmeal & egg combo several times now. it's like comfort food to me. I've also been adding some baby spinach to it. thx for the idea, Greg!
                              Last night I put 1/4 cup dry steel cut oats into a container. Added about 1/2 cup of unsweetened vanilla almond milk and let sit in fridge overnight. Wasn't sure how this would turn out with the steel cut oats. This morning it was pleasantly chewy (I like chewy stuff). I added some (frozen) blueberries, walnut pieces and some agave nectar. It was pretty good. I guess this is like muesli? I'm happy to have found a way to eat oatmeal on a warm summer morning when the thought of eating hot oatmeal doesn't appeal.
                              chefirun4fun

Hello everyone I am new her, I have a very good recipe, beef burger made with oatmeal, is very simple and very rich only has 109 kcal approx. per serving of course not including bread and other ingredients.

Ingredients for 4 servings
                                1 cup oatmeal
                                1 / 2 cup onion
                                3 cloves garlic
                                1 cup small diced tomato
                                1 / 4 cup parsley
                                3 tablespoons soy sauce
                                2 eggs
                                salt (if you want)
                                1 teaspoon pepper
                                10 grams of oregano

If the recipe is a bit dry you can add eggs or soy sauce, you just have to give them shape, bring them to the refrigerator to take consistency and then roast.
                                It is a very versatile recipe You can add more flavors if you want

I hope you enjoy and give me your opinion.