A-Z Recipes

How Do You Like Your Oatmeal? (Read 726 times)

Hi chefirun4fun!  Welcome!!  Your recipe sounds similar to one I make, except I pile bacon all over the top of mine.  Sorta puts a damper on the low calorie count for the meatloaf, haha!  Thanks for sharing.

Greg, you might like Spicy Mole Oatmeal Chili. I got the recipe from one of women here on RA (I think it was Knifey?).

Getting to be about the right time of year for this...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

Getting to be about the right time of year for this...my mouth is watering just thinking about it!

I've been thinking about it a lot lately. Must make a batch soon. I'm thinking of trying it with steel cut oats.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Wow, I've never thought to add fried egg to oatmeal.  Though I do love egg w/runny yoke on rice.

I have added an egg while oats are cooking.  Just as one would do for pudding.  Plus sugar, cinnamon and milk.

Currently I've been adding one Tbs. olive oil, sugar and cinnamon/nutmeg.

steph  

jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

I cook my steel cut oatmeal overnight in the crockpot on the warm setting.  Add a splash of vanilla.  In the morning, I just add blueberries.

Gluten Free Baked Oatmeal

2 cups quick cooking gluten Free Oats- I used Bob's Red Mill

3 1/2 cups milk- I used full fat coconut milk

1/3 cup Pure Grade B Maple Syrup- can use Turbinado Sugar

2 eggs

2 tsp Vanilla extract

1/4 cup Turbinado Sugar mixed with some cinnamon

Drop the oats in a bowl, blend together the eggs, milk, syrup or sugar and vanilla. Pour the mixture over oats and stir. Place in a 9x9 square pan, or other small baking dish and bake at 350 for 45 minutes, till the center is just a tad bit jiggly. Remove from oven and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and place under the broiler set to high and carefully caramelize the sugar until browned and crackly. Remove from oven and serve with a splash of milk or ( even better) Heavy cream and enjoy.

Super yummy way to eat your oatmeal and makes for easier mornings if you make on a Sunday ( like I just did) and it's ready to go in the morning with just a quick zap of the microwave.

Of course this makes no difference if you are using a regular oat, just so long as it's quick cook oats. Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Strict WTF adherent

1/2 cup quick-cooking oats

1/2 cup greek yogurt

some almond milk

a teaspoon of chia seeds

maybe some stevia

and whatever fruit I have around: strawberries, bananas, apples, grapes ... whatever

sometimes a little cocoa powder

leave it in the fridge overnight and you're good to go in the morning

Karen M

Thanks for the recipes and ideas - I love oatmeal, though my favorite is still the way my Grandma made it. Big old-fashioned rolled oats, on the stove, with some honey and milk (now soy milk for me) on the side....  Smile

Marathons are habit-forming...

"I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength."

Philippians 4:13, NLT

ultratrailrunner

I nuke my Oatmeal with 1 egg then add some fresh fruit and maybe some maple syrup if I"m headed out for a long run.

Singer who runs a smidge

Sort of an old topic, but every once in a while I make my oatmeal with a package of hot chocolate mix and water, nuke, then stir in some peanut butter.  You know those no-bake cookies?  Yeah, you're having them for breakfast!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.