A-Z Recipes

Trent..... (Read 351 times)

What Ya' Been making lately besides Jelly? ( and Yogurt) Wink

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Got some broccoli rabb and will be making it into pizzas tonight. Last night was tomato bamboo rice served with a spinach/eggplant/firm tofu stir fry. Yummy. I made a peach and a blackberry cobbler for the 4th and ended up with loads of leftovers, so I have been enjoying that for days! Big grin
        Sounds TASTY.... Especially the Cobblers part.... Last night Hub and I had plenty of Yellow Squash on the grill, Made a balsamic drizzle for it.... Broke out the good great aged Balsamic vinegar and drizzled a few fresh cherokee purple tomatoes with fresh Mozzarella and basil with a really good organic olive oil that I got as a sample. This evening I plan to make a ratatouille with our eggplant, zucchini, bell peppers and onions... probably do it on the grill, Brown rice or perhaps a couscous salad and a grilled chicken breast. Don't you love this time of the year for eatins? I just got my newest Food and Wine Mag and in there was a recipe that I am planning to try this week, that is cherry tomatoes... ( we are growing several different types and colors) with a brown sugar apple cider vinegar sauce, and you basically pickle them and use them to top a main protein, such as grilled swordfish etc..... Happy Cooking! Smile

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

of course! fed-ex me some....... Wink

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Ha! We did not do a CSA or a big garden this year due to having the baby and being on the road a bit. We are leaving for NYC on Friday as well. So right now our fresh fruit and veggie store is low. Once back, we should get well loaded up and then let the cooking begin!
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

of course! fed-ex me some....... Wink
              Yeah, me too! Big grin Peach...blackberry...cobbler... *insert drooling smilie*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Zoomie, I'll bake you some in August when you come through town. Never mind. Undecided

running yogi

Trent, I joined a local CSA this year. Althought I am completely loving it, I just don't know what to do with all that summer squash. Any ideas ? You mentioned pizza, grilling it and putting it on a pizza is an idea, I am thinking.
                  Ha! We did not do a CSA or a big garden this year due to having the baby and being on the road a bit. We are leaving for NYC on Friday as well. So right now our fresh fruit and veggie store is low. Once back, we should get well loaded up and then let the cooking begin!
                  Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Grill it and put it on a pizza. Dice it and sautee it with olive oil and perhaps tomatoes to serve with pasta or rice Roast it in the oven Eat it sliced thin and raw over salads Bake it into a summer squash casserole Grate it and use it in place of zucchini in zucchini bread.
                      Not only is he a Doctor, He Plays a Chef on TV...... * Snort* Wink I have a recipe posted in the Veggie Section for an Italian Squash Pie that is to DIE FOR.... It gets better the next day as well.... Smile

You guys are making me so hungry!! Too bad we don't live closer. I'd come help sample some of your cookin'! Wink You did need help, right?
                          You guys are making me so hungry!! Too bad we don't live closer. I'd come help sample some of your cookin'! Wink You did need help, right?
                          Come On Down Girl! Smile I can always use an extra set of hands in the kitchen.... Smile

Come On Down Girl! Smile I can always use an extra set of hands in the kitchen.... Smile
                            Would that ever be fun!!! And I'm sure I'd be learning all the time too!!
                            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Dang. The last jar of pesto in the freezer was, er, in the freezer. So no pesto for the pizza. Instead I had to go out and grab some fresh basil leaves and chop them into some CSA (last Fall's) garlic and slather it all in EV olive oil for the pizza instead. It went over diced Italian canned plum tomatoes (tomatoes here are not quite right yet) instead of sauce and under the broccoli raab. Cheese, oven and eat...