A-Z Recipes

Whats your fav. sandwhich combo? (Read 259 times)

Seriously if you try it, you will probably fall in love with it. my mouth is watering right now just knowing what i am about to type.... Chrissy's Peanut Butter Sandwhich bread PB banana honey And the "defining" ingredient - potato chips (the saltier and crunchier the better!) Put the PB on the bread first, top with sliced banana, spaced perfectly Drizzle banana layer with honey Add chips (i usually use a single layer) and SQUISH other piece of bread onto it. Enjoy with a big glass of cold milk! Mouth is definitely watering now.....
      I make these (minus the chips) for my kids and I all the time!! Yummy! Husband is the one who puts the chips on the sandwiches. Recently, we've gotten into this thing where I'm making sandwiches using cinnamon raisin bread, spread it with peanut (well, we use soy here due to allergies) butter, sliced apples and depending on the kids mood, a slice of cheese or not, followed by a bit of honey.
        My old standby : Hummus and whole wheat pita, with either english cuke or baby spinach. Fast, filling , and sooooo good. Even better if you make the hummus. Big grin

- Anya

I loooove potato chips on a pb& banana sandwich! Also love hummus and avacado on a whole wheat bagel..for that matter, I'll take avacado on any kind of sandwich. On the "less' healthy side, I always love a bacon egg and cheese breakfast sandwich. right now though i think i am about to go get a wawa hoagie. i got into my hometown in SE pennsylvania from la (where i live) and dreamt of wawa through the entire red-eye flight. Big grin
            Ya'll are makin' me hungry! I love a good egg/cheese sandwich! Yum! Avacado and hummus-never tried it, but I will now! I had a tasty grilled cheese last night...basic, but delicious.
              Tomato and mozzerella. (Fresh moz only!) Falafel in laffa.

dork.major dork.

Avocado, sharp cheddar, tomato, black pepper. MTA: Toasted whole grain bread is key here.

Reaching 1,243 in 2008 -- one day, one week, one mile at a time.

Avocado, sharp cheddar, tomato, black pepper. MTA: Toasted whole grain bread is key here.
                  I tried this today-it was tasty! I added hummus and had it in a whole wheat tortilla instead! Thanks for the idea!