Arizona Runners

Introduce ourselves (Read 372 times)

kelsalynn

Hey, I was just thinking that we could all introduce ourselves in the forum. I'm new, just joined because I used to be a member of the "Michigan Running" group but just moved to Tempe, AZ. I started running two summers ago but last summer I had a lot of problems with my knees once I reached the 10-mile distance. Now, I'm working on strengthening the muscles in my legs so my knees aren't taking such a large beat. I'm a slow runner- usually around 10-11:00/mile pace but in races, I can usually pull off sub-10:00/mile pace. As for future races, I am shooting for the PF Chang's half in 2009 but whether or not that's a possibility will be determined over the next 6 months on how my knees do. Happy Running everyone! Kelsalynn

Maniac

Hi...I'm Matt....I live in Queen Creek. Lived in Arizona for almost 8 years now, but I've only been running for a couple. I'd love it if someone out here wants to run together sometimes, but I realize I live kind of far out. I've run the PF Chang's half the past 2 years, and it's been great. I wanted to try the full in 2009, but my we're expecting our 2nd child in October (middle of peak training), so I didn't think that would be a good idea. I figure I'll shoot for the half again. Hope to see more posts on here soon!!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

kelsalynn

Hey Matt. Congratulations on the expected arrival! That's exciting! It's probably wise to try the half again in 2009 and shoot for the full in 2010 but maybe you could add a new challenge to it or something since you've already done it... so either a new PR or negative splits, or something like that. Kelsa

Maniac

Thanks for the congrats.... Last year, I ran it in like 2:17 or something like that...I set my goal at sub 2:00 this past year (2008)...I ran it in 1:59:48....I'm not sure I can get under that...lol. Maybe I could try negative splits, but the 2nd half of this course is so much tougher (the only noticeable hills are at like miles 10 and 11).... Thanks for the advice...I'll see what strikes my fancy later this year....

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

A is A

Hi there, I'm Marnee and I was born and raised in Tucson, Az where I live today. I have been running for almost a year now. I would say that I'm sorta slow, running paces close to yours Kelsalynn. Smile I have trained for and run the Arizona Distance Classic Half Marathon, which I ran in March. I have done a handful of road races since then. I also ran in the Arizona Odyssey last October -- totally awesome if you get the chance do it! Cheers.

running yogi

I live in Tucson, AZ. I am a very very slow runner. But I love it. I also enjoy yoga and try to practice regularly.
              kelsalynn

Welcome Marnie and RunZRun! Wow, someone who lives in AZ who is actually from here! You're a rare breed! Just teasing... There's nothing wrong with being slow, at least that's what I tell myself. I'm out there running and that's what matters right? Have a great weekend! I had a 'quick' 3.25 miles tonight after work. I needed it because it was a stressful day at work. Nothing like ending it with a quick jog! HAPPY RUNNING!
                jpnairn

straw man

I'm Jerry. I live in Chandler. I'm from the Bay Area, but I've lived in Arizona for about 6 years. Matt, I run a lot with a club called the East Valley Runners. Several members live out your way. You might be interested in joining us. http://www.eastvalleyrunners.com Nice to meet you all.

He who has the best time wins. Jerry

Love Popcorn

Hi, I am a new resident of Arizona City. I love to run trails and have found some really good ones around Casa Grande Mountains and Park. I would love to connect wth anyone in this area of Casa Grande and Eloy to find and explore some other mountain and desert running trails. I run about 3 to 5 miles a run and have been running for over 30 years now. I am also a TI swimmer and want to buy a mountain bike to do some trails that way. I can be reached at persico.john@gmail.com

Peace, Wisdom and a Long and Healthy Life, John