Arizona Runners

Let's get this group active again! (Read 146 times)

Maniac

Okay folks...I know we can do this.  There are 12 of us on here.  Who are you?  Where do you live in Arizona?  How much do you run?

Training for any races?  Anyone else doing PF Changs in January?

I'll start....My name is Matt.  I live in Queen Creek (outside Phoenix).  I run about 35-40 miles per week right now, because I'm training for the PF Chang's Rock N Roll Marathon.

Post away folks!!

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Run a 50-miler (Ran a 53.8 mile race 11/14/2015)

Run 1,500 miles (uhhh...how about 1,400?)

Stay healthy

running yogi

I am Zeba. I live in Tucson. I am planning to run the Arizona Distance Classic in March. Training has not been consistant. I think I should just sign up and pay the entry fee. Maybe that will motivate me.

Anybody else in Tucson or ouside, planning to run that ?

Maniac

I haven't run that race before...Is it a good one?  March in Tucson sounds like it'd be a good time to run....Just before the temps go crazy.

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Run 3 marathons (modified:  Run 2 marathons--Lost Dutchman 02/2015 and Whiskey Row 05/2015)

Stay healthy

running yogi

I have never done the race myself, but I know many people who have done it and have heard good things about it. The time and the course really looks nice.

http://www.arizonadistanceclassic.com/

running yogi

The AZ Distance  Classic race was on March 27th . My goals were to finish, finish strong and under 3 hours. Achieved all three goals. Time was 2:50:00

I am doing the Sabino Canyon Sunset run on April 16. Anyone signed up for that ?

Maniac

No....but it sounds very nice.  Running in a canyon?  Totally cool.  I'm assuming it's down in the Tucson area, though?

Marathon Maniac #6740

Goals for 2015:

Stay healthy

running yogi

It's in Tucson. It in a canyon but the race is along a paved road - 7.4 miles with a good amount of elevation.

http://www.azroadrunners.org/races/detail/sabino