Beginners and Beyond

All Aboard the THURSDAILIES Crazy Train (Read 38 times)

Hey, hey, hey.

I had trouble sleeping last night because I kept having to blow my nose. Ick. I'm caffeinated, so I should be OK today.

I'm on my way to the gym for six easy miles.

LRB

Hoot!  Hoot!

'Sup yo!

I have some easy miles on the agenda myself but have not decided on a distance yet.  Hmm, maybe some coffee will help with that!

Coffee helps with everything, Rick.

StepbyStep-SH

My coffee will wait until after I get back. 8-9 miles from now. It is windy out there, and might be rainy, but what the hell - here I go! Just so my route has nothing remotely resembling a hill today, I'll be fine with it.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Just so my route has nothing remotely resembling a hill today, I'll be fine with it.

Or ridiculously cold wind chills!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Took yesterday off because I didn't feel like running in 30mph winds, since I'm still using this week as a recovery week, I didn't feel bad. Smile

Did 7.1 easy this morning and never warmed up at all, which is weird for me.  Probably should have worn my insulated shirt, oh well, it's done.

Next week I start back with real running and focusing on my 10k in May.  I'm going to try McMillan's 10K workout, along with some intervals on the off weeks and maybe some tempos if I'm feeling frisky.

Here's the workout if anyone is interested:  http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/performance-page-best-10k-workout

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

Here's the workout if anyone is interested:  http://www.runnersworld.com/race-training/performance-page-best-10k-workout

I have seen that, it is very tough but likely equally rewarding.  It will be cool to see how it works for you as you go through it until its completion.

Enjoy the remainder of your recovery period!

Mmmmm...beer

I have seen that, it is very tough but likely equally rewarding.  It will be cool to see how it works for you as you go through it until its completion.

Enjoy the remainder of your recovery period!

I think it's definitely going to be tough, but I'm looking forward to it.  My 50k and marathon have taught me that I can push myself harder than I have in the past, now I'm going to apply that to shorter races and see how much pain I can really handle. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

I think it's definitely going to be tough, but I'm looking forward to it.  My 50k and marathon have taught me that I can push myself harder than I have in the past, now I'm going to apply that to shorter races and see how much pain I can really handle. lol

Yeah comparatively speaking it is a walk in the park!  Still tough, but running a mile or two at 10k pace is no more daunting than the length of the MP training runs so doing one is akin to doing the other so to speak.

My 10k's are basically training runs for the 5k, which is my preferred race distance of choice.  But that plan is definitely one I would recommend for 10k specific training.

Wow people are moving early today, this is reply #9, before 7:00 AM.

8 easy on the treadmill done.

Dave

delicate flower

Good morning!  The big news today is that my work schedule is clear.  HOORAY!  Time to get some work done.

I've got a RUN on my post-work agenda.  Speaking of runs, showers are in the forecast for my planned 20 miler Saturday.  WTF.

<3

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Thursdailies!

I woke up a bit too early also, Basya. Took out the trash, drinking some coffee, and planning to head out for a short run in a bit.

As expected, I have some sore muscles from removing the errant tree from the back yard. Good stuff, cross-training with a purpose.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

happylily

Coffee to warm me up... I'm friggin' cold all the time!

Morning!

8 at recovery or, if I feel like it, some type of speedwork, not sure what yet. We'll see. But first, 8 hours of work.

Have a nice day!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Will be in the 80s for pretty much the rest of the week and beyond for San Antonio.....

Very sunny today after work and 82 degrees.  However, unlike Damaris' Miami, here in San Antonio we will have LOW humidity and LOW dewpoint, making it feel pretty good outside.    I plan to do about 4 miles after work, but have not decided where yet.  Tough problem  - I have WAY too many running routes to choose from!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Shari, enjoy your run.

Dave, bravo on the 7.1. Boo on the cold.

DaveP MI, great job doing eight before work.

Phil, have a wonderful post-work run. That's a crappy forecast.

Lily, enjoy your run tonight.

scottydawg, have a fantastic four-miler.

6.2 miles in 1:01:36. 9:57 pace. I kept it at a steady 6.0mph (10:00) for the first 5.50 miles. Then, every .10 mile, I increased the speed:

5.50 to 5.60 - 6.1mph (9:49)

5.60 to 5.70 - 6.2mph (9:40)

5.70 to 5.80 - 6.3mph (9:31)

5.80 to 5.90 - 6.4mph (9:22)

5.90 to 6.00 - 6.5mph (9:13)

6.00 to 6.10 - 6.6mph (9:05)

6.10 to 6.20 - 6.7mph (8:57)

Last night, I started taking pseudoephedrine for my congestion. It's working, but, instead of calling it the non-drowsy version, the manufacturer should call it the bitch-please-you-ain't-gonna sleep-while-I'm-in-your-life version.