Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping In SaturDAILIES (Read 43 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Sleeping in?  What is that?  I guess I did since I got up at 6 versus 4 to run. But then I also didn't get home until after 11 last night from our trip and then we had to unpack the car so not rSally sleeping in.

i did 10.5 today.

Marjorie

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies..

Good stuff, Docket!!

DW and I are driving to San Diego to get our packets. We are going to pick up DS from school and go for lunch somewhere in La Jolla. Race day tomorrow!! We are excited and it will be a lot of fun. A friend of ours is also running.  The weather should be nice and cool since the whole race is on the coast, literally feet from the Pacific in some spots.

Good luck to the racers.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

On the road to CT for a wedding. Had a great 5.25 mile run this morning....felt as good as Thursday's run felt bad, so that was awesome. Excited to be back over 5 miles again!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

Had a great race this morning, almost a minute PR!  19:26, third in my age group (last year I would have won my AG with that time, someone invited the fast guys lol).  Went out a lil fast, but not too bad, getting better at it.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Yes, I have a marathon next week but there will be no PR in PR.

Good morning!  Walking today, hiking tomorrow, then Monday morning I will do a one-mile test run to see if my knee can run.  I tried to channel Phil last night and get the bike out, but all I succeeded in doing was letting the air out of the front tire before I realized that the pump doesn't work.

April- Enjoy the shakeout and breakfast, and good luck!

Fla- I think shorts was a good choice for your run this morning.

D- Huge congrats!  And PR Marathon next week?

Phil- I think I have a picture of your run yesterday.  Was it like this? So glad you were running, but please be careful!

SIAR- Good luck!

Ami- Hoping for good results for you!

Oski- Hope the pancakes were good!  DH is the pancake maker in the family, and he gets SO frustrated when they don't turn out.  It's almost funny, because like you say, they still taste good.

Karmen- Hope you're starting to feel better.

DaveP- Maybe being the good DH this morning will make sneaking away for a run later easier.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Great job!

Supp crew!

My 5k race is done - 20:14.

My mile splits were 6:33, 6:33, 6:26.

My plan was to run even splits through two miles, then to pour out everything I had left at the end of mile 3, which is exactly what happened.  Trouble is, the end of mile 3 was up an incline, doh!

I was hoping to flirt with a six minute mile for mile 3, but the uptick threw me a curve ball.  Oh well, better luck next time.

Shari, great 20!

Jack, good luck tomorrow.

D2, congrats!  That is fucking speedy, especially for someone that is a newer runner!  Great!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

15 miles on the bike done, now off to the city for some R&R and good eats.

Happy saturday!

Mmmmm...beer

Thanks Damaris, I'm very happy.  Of course now I need to get to work and see if I can go sub-19 in June. lol The heat may be a factor by then, but we'll see.  I'm very excited for June's race, because it's the very first race that I ran, and it's a great cross country course. Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Robert31320

Team TJ

I ran the Fraser Counseling Center 5K this morning.  Finished in 27:54 and got 2nd in the 45-54 AG!  A PR by 1:25!  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

Understatement of the year....

Thanks Damaris, I'm very happy.  Of course now I need to get to work and see if I can go sub-19 in June. lol The heat may be a factor by then, but we'll see.  I'm very excited for June's race, because it's the very first race that I ran, and it's a great cross country course. Smile

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Congrats!

I ran the Fraser Counseling Center 5K this morning.  Finished in 27:54 and got 2nd in the 45-54 AG!  A PR by 1:25!  Big grin

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Ric-G

wow! some great results this morning.

congrats D and LRB!...excellent races D2 and Robert. hope this trend continues for everyone.

did a traily 12.5 this morning with a running group. take care and have a great Saturday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

YAYpril - B-Plus

Congrats D, LRB, DD, and Robert!

Good luck tomorrow SIAR, Bruce, Jack, and B+!

I ran 3 instead of 2. Packet pickup is done and I got my Runners for Boston shirt. Heading out in a few hours for a potluck with my running group. I love my friends. Big grin

LRB

You are a PR machine!

D2, it's about time your 5k time lined up with your half time.  It's usually the other way around, so there is more there to be had!

Congrats Real Deal!

Just B.S.

Hello All! Not going to bore everyone on the boards with a separate race report for a 5 mile race so

I'll just do a short one  here. Mostly no one reads them when I write then anyway.Big grin

First race of the season done (well I guess I did do the Disney Princess in Feb but that's not in my

normal race season so not really counting it).

Our 8th consecutive time doing this 5 mile trail race. It is held in a local nature park on trail, in memory

of our friends son/nephew/ Grandson (we know the entire family) who died at age 12. It was one of his

favorite places to walk and run with his family (Aunt and Grampa have both run Boston multiple times

and were there this year at the high school in Hopkinton as volunteers). Proceeds go to fund athletics

for kids from low income families.

Last year my time for today's trail race was 48:38 but I was only back to running a few weeks after

major surgery in early Feb 2012. It was the only race distance of 2012 (only ran 5 miles the once) in which

didn't have a distance PR so I was really hoping for a decent time this year as redemption. Also its a good

confidence booster 14 days before a full (#6) to run a good race of any distance.

Course, starts with one mile across a sandy beach road, then you climb 125 feet over a 500 foot distance

on loose gravel and sand. If you aren't sucking wind by the time you get to the top of that hill you aren't

working hard enough.Big grin Then if you aren't running up a hill you are going down a hill. Around in a big loop

and back to the 1 mile of sandy road to the finish.

Let's just say it's not the easier 5 mile race one will ever do. This was from last year when it snowed. Don't

know those ladies but you can see the beach that you run across and the first hill in the distance. 

Pretty pleased today.  At age 51 on my 8th year at this race  I course PR'd by almost 2 full minutes (previous

course PR was 45:26 in 2010) and finished 3rd/32 my AG and  79/250 overall with a time of 43:31. 

My 5k split was 26:30 so I lost a little in the last 3k but the rolling hills in the 4th mile before returning to

the beach for the last mile are pretty relentless.

Hubby ran a good race also, 37:25 , 4th in 40-49 AG (he is 49) and 15th overall.

Good start to the year for both of us.