Beginners and Beyond

Sleeping In SaturDAILIES (Read 43 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Way to o Beth!

Marjorie

6.3 easy.

My 10 year old biked along because she wanted to do a "triathlon" today. Swim practice at 8:00, soccer at 1:00, bike 10K at 2:45. She's got good energy.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Happy Saturday, Daily Runners!

4 miles on the treadmill today (raining pretty steady all day), along with 4 miles outside yesterday.

Heading to Columbia, SC tomorrow for a conference next week. Hopefully, I'll get a few runs in while I'm there.

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

delicate flower

20 mile bike ride with the wife, headwind the entire damn time, and my legs are a lot more tired right now than they should be after a 20 mile ride.  I have a NY strip steak for dinner though so I WIN!

<3

Managed to squeeze in a 10 mile treadmill session @ 8:44 pace while the family was chillin' in the room before going out for the evening. TV had the Bulls-Nets game with about 1:30 left when I started. The game ended up lasting nearly the entire time (I only had 5 min left), after 3 OT.

Just logged it & realized it puts me at 162 miles for April, PB monthly miles.

Dave

Hip Redux

Trip to Boston was great.  We walked about 6 miles, and after my 15 mile bike ride which was uphill the entire time (or at least felt like it), my legs are TOAST.

The marathon memorial was... emotional.  One of the pictures I snapped of alllll the running shoes up:

If anyone is in the Cambridge area and like Middle Eastern or Indian cuisine, you MUST try The Helmand:

http://www.helmandrestaurant.com/

Zelanie

I was inspired by Phil and did get a bike ride in today.  First time I've gone more than around the block since I was over 200 lbs.  It turns out it's much easier these days!  Did one of my LR routes, about 10.5 miles.  I'd rather be running, though!

Docket_Rocket

I did weights tonight.  I'm sore.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Hi Dailies:

April - That carbo load is a great excuse, I'm going to start using it Smile

FLA - I also wore shorts today, loved it.

D - will read your RR in a bit

SIAR - good luck, own it!

Baboon - YES.  So glad you are back, even if it was a tiny jog.

Bruce - good luck as well

Oski - mm, pancakes

Earthtokarmen - hi, hope your 5 wasn't too hung over

Zelanie - hope the knee holds up

Rick - great job, that's still a smokin' time finishing on an uphill

Step - nice distance, enjoy that steak

Marjorie - sleeping in until 6, yikes

Jack - "there is no hill"

Kristin - nice 5 +

D^2 - congrats, speedy

Robert - congrats also, great race

Ric-G - group run, cool.  I drive past a big group run most Saturdays while going in to work, is it wrong to call them the "nerd herd" in my mind? Tongue

Beth - great job, looks like those ladies skied down the hill, haha.

Fuzzy - busy day for her

Tom - have fun at the conference

DaveP - congrats on the monthly mileage PR

10.4, the first day that can really be called "warm" since I moved up on this hill just after Christmas.  7:28 pace felt pretty good.  Broke out the lawnmower, there's a lot more to cut than I had imagined.

Docket_Rocket

Wow, Shirfan.  Lots of shoutouts, well done.  Nice run!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page