Beginners and Beyond

B&B 2021 Miles Game (Read 51 times)

delicate flower

I don't know what is happening here but if you want to plop my weekly miles onto a spreadsheet, have at it.

I've actually set a 2000 mile goal for myself this year, assuming more biking and swimming will cut into those run miles, so Cyber's estimate for me looks pretty spot on if not a bit optimistic.

<3

Cyberic

• DaveP, we appreciate your honesty, but it is what it is. So you might win a gold star or something. I like the fact that your goal is based on facts, you can not be called a sandbagger. Just run and score points. If you absolutely want, I can take 2018 out in your case, but I think it should stay.

Baboon, this is different from the other miles game. In this one you're in unless you want out Smile

KCRuns

I like it!  And I like the consistency points. Here’s to a great running year for everyone!

onemile

• DaveP, we appreciate your honesty, but it is what it is. So you might win a pair of cheaterflies or something.
          Half Crazy K 2.0

• DaveP, we appreciate your honesty, but it is what it is. So you might win a gold star or something. I like the fact that your goal is based on facts, you can not be called a sandbagger. Just run and score points. If you absolutely want, I can take 2018 out in your case, but I think it should stay.

You could project DavePNW's 2018 number by dividing it by 8 and multiply by 12 (2496).

Of course, if you do that, it makes me need to run more too cause my 2020 would then be 1429.

onemile

You could project DavePNW's 2018 number by dividing it by 8 and multiply by 12 (2496).

Of course, if you do that, it makes me need to run more too cause my 2020 would then be 1429.

orrrrrrrr sub out his 2018 with 2017 where he ran 2680.7

Cyberic

Nah! I get your idea, but I think it’s best is to keep everything simple. If someone wants me to remove an injury year from the average, I will, but  that’s as far as I’ll go, and I don’t think we should. So what if someone had a bad injury year that lowered his/her average and wins the game?

Cyberic

At least that would be facts, so I guess I could do that too...

That’s what I had in mind. I appreciate the goal of keeping it simple and argument-free, and I haven’t looked at other people’s numbers to see if anyone else has something similar. But in the end I think removing that year makes for a better game.

Dave

Cyberic

Week 1 (jan 4 - jan 10)

Baboon 10
                      BerthaSlayer 11
                      Bluerun 15
                      Cyberic 11
                      DavePNW 11
                      Docket_Rocket 10
                      FreeSoul87 11
                      GinnyinPA 10
                      Half Crazy K 2.0 11
                      KCRuns 5
                      Lauren 9
                      LRB 1
                      Onemile 11
                      RuningOnSand 7
                      Runshortii 0
                      sdWhiskers 10
                      wcrunner2 11
                      Docket_Rocket

Thank you!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

onemile

can I request you sort it by number of points if that is easy to do? Bluerun on top

RunningOnSand

Thank you!

delicate flower

I do not accept those results.

<3

onemile

I do not accept those results.

you should give Cy a call and see if he can't find you 6 more points