Beginners and Beyond

We are Saturdailies (Read 31 times)

B-Plus

Wake up already, PEOPLE.

I have a 10k race this morning.

Loving this metric!

Cyberic

You're up early, Westerner.

Some running this morning. How long has yet to be determined.

B-Plus

Hope you're having a good run Cy. Seriously, where are all the peeps?

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I woke up an hour ago.  Thanks for yelling.  6 miles some time tonight, or a run with hubby, depending on the weather.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Jay, congrats on the race last night!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I felt great this morning and got out to the track early and after a 3 mile warmup, thought I was ready to nail the stupid thing. But every time I checked my split I was in another area code (the wrong way).

I ran 14 thousand meters (or some shit like that), and completely stunk up the fuckin joint. Not sure if it was the 76 F + 71F dew, but I did not hit a single target today, and was never even close.

Yeah, yeah I know that is perfect running weather in Brazil but here's the problem; I don't live in Brazil.

Anyway, I guess I will just chalk it up as one of those days...that I would just as soon forget. 

Half Crazy K 2.0

Heat advisory or warning here. Hazy, hot and humid and waiting for a storm to come through to make it more humid. Lovely. Weights later today.

LRB

I have a 10k race this morning.

Don't blow up.

LRB

Heat advisory or warning here.

There is a heat advisory here as well. Until midnight FFS.

LRB

Morning!  I slept like a Baboon, get some sucka.

Cyberic

DD's coach was 20 minutes late for her practice, so I only had time for 8.

70 degrees with 67 DP. I understand that DP makes it opressive, but the 93% humidity says that the air was pretty saturated with water. My sweat was not cooling me down much, but mostly dripping straight to the ground.

MTA: Not complaining about the humidity D, just sharing my observations.

From the Internet.

2.5 hour pool run. My fingertips are still wrinkly.

Cyberic

Jay, congrats on the race last night!

Congrats Jay. Had to check your pace as I have no idea what a good 4 mile race time looks like. Of course your average pace tells me you were fast.

Cyberic

http://www.iflscience.com/environment/hottest-year-record-ocean-warming-now-unstoppable

Overall, the global average temperature over land in 2014 was the warmest – or tied as the warmest depending on which data set you use – since records began in the 1880s. The average annual temperature last year was 0.37-0.44oC (0.7-0.79oF) higher than the 1981-2010 average, and 0.88oC (1.6oF) higher than the 1880s.

More than 20 countries in Europe set new high-temperature records, with a new record also set for Africa as a continent. The only places that saw average land temperatures drop were the eastern United States, central and southern Canada, and parts of central Asia. 

Not sure if I should be happy about that or not. If you would have asked me in the past two winters, I know what my answer would have been.

80 furlongs. Wait, are we back to miles?

Dave