Beginners and Beyond

RnR Las Vegas Marathon RR, aka Maybe a Person Lethally Allergic to Dustmites Should Not Have Chosen This Race (Read 445 times)

TriciaRuns

D- So sorry about the dust Sad  Goob job on finishing!  That sounds like it was a mental battle on top of all the asthma stuff.  You are tough and a lot of people would have quit in that situation. 

-Tricia

PRs

26:32 - 5k

53:16 - 10k

1:58:47 - HM

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

Damaris, I am so sorry you had to deal with that, but I am really proud of you for not getting into that van and persevering like you always do! You earned that star!

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Sorry it was so rough D.  One of these days, everything is going to come together for you and you'll get that race where your time actually matches the fitness you have and the stellar training you do.  I'm always impressed by what you persevere through, and just gutting it out to the finish line in those conditions and with your own challenges in no small feat. 

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Docket_Rocket

Thanks, guys! Forgot to say that the best part of the trip was getting to meet RedSparkle, who just did a 50 miler and made my husband think it was easy.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

BruceD555

Oh my, what terrible conditions. You've got some serious determination issues to have been able to finish in that dust maelstrom given your asthma. Great job on sticking with it through to the end!!

Train smart ... race smarter.

tessasnewlife

Way to tough it out and I am sure your next marathon will go better for you.

This. Sorry it was so horrible. Great re-cap though. Technically it can only get better?

From the Internet.

Oh man, that sounds like it was miserable Sad Congrats on finishing anyway, you're a tougher person than most!

I'm so sorry about the race, but proud of you for finishing and glad you didn't get sicker than you did.

Wandering Wally

Sorry it was rough.  Glad you came out of it OK.

Run!  Just Run!

Trail Runner Nation Podcast

Robert31320

Team TJ

Way to tough it out, Damaris!  You are a good example of a never give up attitude!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Runshortii

I'm sorry you didn't do that great but way to tough out!! Not everyone could tough it out like that

SheCan

Oh my, I am so sorry this race turned out so poorly for you.  :-(   Conditions like that just can't be predicted, and with your asthma, it's no wonder you were suffering.  You remind the rest of us how lucky we are to have our health.  The southwest can be so lovely;  I'm sorry it just wasn't for your race.  

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Been there ran that in regards to bad races.  Just like with a training run, sometimes we have to experience a bad race as well.

Its done, time to move on to recovery and keep on the Maniac quest.

Anomalous

Running in a dust storm sucks and I'm sorry you had to experience that. You toughed it out and are still alive to talk about it and move on to your next goal race. Still going to congratulate you on finishing! Smile

<script></script>

Half Fanatic  #3091  ~   Marathon debut: 11/16/13 Anthem Richmond Marathon

"Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious." - Rumi

stealth.rnr

She laughs at me......

Rest up. Enjoy Vegas (if your still there). The next one should be easy compared to this.