Beginners and Beyond

SaturDaiLies (Read 16 times)

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Did you know that today is Banana Bread Day?

Neither did I

Today I ran 10k with hubby and we finished without either wanting (or at least not admitting out loud) to push the other into the river.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Docket_Rocket

I love bananas but I hate banana anything.

I have 6-7 later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Even banana splits?

I have some good news:  I ran the 10k trail race today and felt no pain (other than what I occasionally feel in any race).  I lowered my course time from 1:00:01 to 58:57.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
        10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

sdWhiskers

Same

Docket_Rocket

Even banana splits?

I have some good news:  I ran the 10k trail race today and felt no pain (other than what I occasionally feel in any race).  I lowered my course time from 1:00:01 to 58:57.

That is technically a banana in ice cream. So I like it. LOL.

The smelled of banana bread makes me want to puke.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

sdWhiskers

10 miles with RP, ending at a donut shop to celebrate my birthday. Then a soak in the hot tub because its fricking freezing here, like 39F when i started my run.

sdWhiskers

That is technically a banana in ice cream. So I like it. LOL.

The smelled of banana bread makes me want to puke.

Kid was at the orthodontist this week and needed a mold. He picked banana flavor  

Fredford66

Waltons ThreadLord

Uh-oh.  A 13-year-old girl, whom I beat by 3½ minutes in the 10k last time, was only 10 seconds behind me this time.

5k 23:48.45 (3/22); 4M 31:26 (2/22); 5M 38:55 (11/23); 10k 49:24 (10/22); 
                  10M 1:29:33 (2/24); Half 1:48:32 (10/22); Marathon 4:29:58 (11/23)

Upcoming races: RunAPalooza (Asbury Park) HM, 4/6; Clinton Country Run 15k, 4/27

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Congratulations on your sub hour,  Fred. And youth is wasted on the young. Lol

I have an awesome recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread. Yum. I'm not much of a fan of banana splits though.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

GinnyinPA

sdwhiskers - Happy Birthday!

Half Crazy K 2.0

9 miles with 4 x 5 min tempo (after 4 miles). 2nd interval was into the wind, so a little rough. Last one was on a gradual downhill, but maybe a little on the fast side.

Love banana bread, but don't make it that often because I could probably east the loaf in 1 sitting.

sdWhiskers, Happy Birthday. Ick on the banana mold. Dentists have some god awful flavors. My old one would offerr the cleaning paste in a variety of flavors, cinnamon and mint, fine. Cough dough or cotton candy, 

Fred, nice job on the 10k. Sounds promising that you could run it faster with no pain.

Did you know that today is Banana Bread Day 

Pepperoni Submarine Day?

2.5 dirt bumps, long pause, 2 flat followed by 500 swim 

HBD, Whiskers!

I have an awesome recipe for peanut butter chocolate chip banana bread. Yum.

I would be all over that. We’ve been making banana bread for years and for some reason only relatively recently discovered the addition of chocolate chips. OMG it’s a whole new world. 

I am good with anything banana-related. DW likes bananas and things with bananas in them, but anything “banana-flavored” grosses her out. There’s something you can get in Japan called a Tokyo Banana, maybe Whiskers is familiar. It’s sort of like a banana-shaped Twinkie with banana custard filling. I think it has actual banana puree, it’s quite yummy. I kind of want one now.

Dave

Oh yeah, running. Since I didn’t get a chance to do any workouts running in Vegas this week, so figured I’d try to add some faster miles to my LR today. Met up with the group. A couple people were doing 3 easy, 4 @ 7:40, 3 easy, 4 @ 7:40, I thought that sounded good. Then during the easy portion found someone doing 6 easy + 6 at their MP of 7:26. Figured I’d join and give that one a try. It’s way too early in the cycle for an MP workout—14 weeks till race day and I haven’t even started my training plan yet—but what the hell. We nailed it, actually coming in a bit faster: 7:22, 7:20, 7:27, 7:23, 7:23, 7:18. Added 4 cooldown for 16 total. The MP miles felt good, we were chatting the whole way, and it was over before I knew it. I had the crazy notion that maybe a 3:15 is possible. That’s about the pace I’d need so maybe it’s not so crazy.

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Birthday, Whiskers!!

I had a 90 minute bike workout this morning.  This was my longest bike workout since IM Arizona, and also kicks off my Coeur d'Alene training.

Meeting up with former B&Ber Oski for dinner in a bit.

<3