Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Forging Forward (Read 45 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Morning!

Ah, people are running over here, the Penguins are all resting today!

SRD for me. Much welcomed, 3 days in a row running in the heat has my body begging me for a break! Will head down to MD to see my bf for the weekend later today. My runs Saturday and Sunday will make this week a weekly mileage PR and June a monthly mileage PR so I'm really excited about that. Especially since I ran less than half the miles in sucky May.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Marjorie

StepbyStep-SH

Thursday was a total rest day, including sleeping in until 7!

15 painful(ly) slow miles this morning before 7 that should have been 16-17. Back is still a problem, though I am going to take Scotty's advice on icing it later - I just need to chill my "ice pack" first. The good thing about this morning's run was that about 4 miles of it were with a friend, running on a nice trail through a park. Those miles "flew" by, though we weren't even hitting an 11:00 min/mile pace.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Hey everyone! The hobbit has found her way back to The Shire. I've been transitioning from one job into another and was working two jobs for a couple of weeks. Things are finally starting to settle a bit. I've managed to keep running, but haven't had much time for forum browsing. I did have a great time on a "fun run" last night. The route started at a local watering hole, took us to a micro-brewery in town for a quick treat and then back to the watering hole for beer and bbq. The money for the run went to a local cancer center. Today I'll shoot for 4. Weather will dictate whether it's on a greenway or at the Y.

SIAR - Hope your workout goes well whenever you fit it in.

LRB - Hope the ride wasn't too wet.

Marjorie - Hope you enjoyed your run.

Baboon - Hope the weather clears and enjoy the new camera!

DR - Hope court goes well and enjoy running with DH if he decides to run.

Lilac - Enjoy your 5

Oski - mmmm...bacon. I hope the shoes come clean.

DaveP - I need one of those mugs.

Scotty - That is some laundry list! Will be sending good thoughts your way. Congrats to you and Gail!

April - Hope all the car and run details work out.

Kristin - Enjoy the rest day and have a great weekend with the bf. Congrats on the mileage!

Have a great Friday!

Zelanie

Morning, dailies!  Last night's social run went well for me, and it's time for a SRD.  I was glad that I seemed to hold up pretty well in the heat and humidity, although you southerners would probably scoff at what we call "hot" and "humid".  Hope everyone has a great day!

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Morning.

I walked into work (late of course) and the receptionist said "did you see the cicada?"  Well hello my little friend.  I waited 17 years to meet you!

Other than that, leg really hurts - kinda limping.  Dr appt made.  Scouring the state for a PT who can finally fix me.  Pissed off, irritated, feeling sorry for myself.  It's raining.  SO at least it's Friday and I'm wearing jeans.  The boss actually said we can wear shorts but I didn't shave today so.......yeah jeans.

SIAR, LRB, MA - we should start an early morning exclusive club.  Although I swam today - literally and figuratively.

DR, LJ - good morning peeps!

Oski - yeah....you know Wink

Dave - I've been trying to get to yoga more regularly these days.  I'm terrible at it though LOL  Have you been doing it long?

Scotty - congrats, 29 years!

AR - hope you get you car back

Kristin - have you recovered from yesterday's (I think it was yesterday) extreme heat run?

SH - fill the bathtub with ice and lay in it.  AAAHHHH  Hope it helps Smile

HL - welcome back to the Shire

Zelanie - hot and humid is hot and humid!  Don't listen to DR - I think she likes it Wink

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies! 6 Easy miles for me today. Finally getting back in to the groove of things. I'll stop by later.

- Andrew

delicate flower

Morning.

I walked into work (late of course) and the receptionist said "did you see the cicada?"  Well hello my little friend.  I waited 17 years to meet you!

Other than that, leg really hurts - kinda limping.  Dr appt made.  Scouring the state for a PT who can finally fix me.  Pissed off, irritated, feeling sorry for myself.  It's raining.  SO at least it's Friday and I'm wearing jeans.  The boss actually said we can wear shorts but I didn't shave today so.......yeah jeans.

SIAR, LRB, MA - we should start an early morning exclusive club.  Although I swam today - literally and figuratively.

DR, LJ - good morning peeps!

Oski - yeah....you know Wink

Dave - I've been trying to get to yoga more regularly these days.  I'm terrible at it though LOL  Have you been doing it long?

Scotty - congrats, 29 years!

AR - hope you get you car back

Kristin - have you recovered from yesterday's (I think it was yesterday) extreme heat run?

SH - fill the bathtub with ice and lay in it.  AAAHHHH  Hope it helps Smile

HL - welcome back to the Shire

Zelanie - hot and humid is hot and humid!  Don't listen to DR - I think she likes it Wink

Where my hello?

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Two-headed turtle born at San Antonio Zoo.  No kidding!  "They' were named Thelma and Louise.

So what's new at the zoo? A 2-headed turtle

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local_news/article/So-what-s-new-at-the-zoo-A-2-headed-turtle-4628510.php

Thelma and Louise, the two-headed turtle, is held by Craig Pelke, the curator of the reptiles, amphibians, and aquatics and at the San Antonio Zoo on Thursday, June 27, 2013. Photo: San Antonio Express-News / © San Antonio Express-News

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jess runs for bacon

Hobbit legs, glad to see you back.

Scotty, can't believe you actually aren't racing this weekend. Happy anniversary.

MBC, sorry to hear. But at least you got to see a cicada. They seem to have gone around my area.

5.25 humid miles done. It wasn't too bad, the sun was hiding and it was around 80 with an occasional breeze. I mistakenly wore capris though which sucked. First mile was rough but things smoothed out afterwards.

SheCan

Morning, everyone, just peeking in for a minutes.  Smile

jjs22-- I just wanted to stop by and wish you luck with the Leadville Marathon--- yikes!  I looked up the course profile on it, and realized how modest you were being.  It is a total beast, but best of luck with it.  Rah, Rawh, raw!   Also, why did you let it get so hot here??????  It feels like I'm still in the desert.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Got my neighborhood run in. Before I went out it was nice and overcast. When I started running, the sun came out 'a-blazing. Angry I think it was cooler in Mordor.

Hip Redux

I AM OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!

Just wanted to be sure y'all knew that.   Big grin

Now... what to do for the next 9 days....

MrNamtor

Lunch coming up, going to run 6 hot miles

MrNamtor

I AM OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!

Just wanted to be sure y'all knew that.   Big grin

Now... what to do for the next 9 days....

wish i had that problem! Have fun