Beginners and Beyond

Fridailies Forging Forward (Read 45 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Yay for vacay Oski!

MBC- I'm recovered I think but I was exhausted the rest of the day yesterday and useless

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Ric-G

yes, the heat is on...did my 13 this morning and glad it's done. it's only getting hotter. wasn't able to run more yesterday in the evening. found out my son's soccer coach wants these guys running more...so  ha ha, the kid gets to do some running with dad...have a good one and try to stay cool somehow!

marathon pr - 3:16

Ric-G

cool about the camera - been looking for a new camera...my wife always steals mine, so I gotta go out and get another soon...

Hello there, Friday people!  Listen up now, I ain't one to gripe about the weather and I tend to make peanut butter out of lemonade, but all this rain is starting to grind my gears.  Seriously, it seems like nothing but rain the last 10 days, and the forecast for the next week is nothing but rain.  So that said, it looks like today will be more indoor exercise!

Edit:  BTW my new digital camera arrives today.  HOORAY!!

marathon pr - 3:16

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Mtnbiker I'm up for an early morning club. Smile. I get up really early. Don't always go run then. Just depends on if I need to (such as if I'm traveling or have an early meeting).  I get out early but some days I do the 4am thing. Today I didn't have to go that early

Marjorie

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

Morning.

SIAR, LRB, MA - we should start an early morning exclusive club.  Although I swam today - literally and figuratively.

Oh please, please, please don't make me join!  I try so hard not to run that early, but all my running friends seem bent on making me run at the crack of dawn.  With friends those runs aren't so bad and actually border on pleasant, but getting up to do it on my own will only be born out of true necessity.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy SRD, Damaris, and hope your asthma behaves all this weekend.

Congrats on your run, SIAR, in spite of your partner not liking the route very much.

Lots of you folks getting rain!  Dry as a bone here in San Antonio, with expected high today of 100, heat index of 106, 102 actual temp tomorrow, heat index of 109, gaack!   Hope you can get your lawn mowed, Oski!  If it keeps raining, maybe throw some sheep in the yard, they'll eat the grass down close.to the turf..... Joking  Enjoy all that time off!  Looking foward to mine.  I work Mon-Tues next week and then am off the rest of the week, yay!

Nice on the yoga, DaveP.

Congrats on your weekly mileage PR, Kristin!  Enjoy your weekend with your boyfriend!

Ever-faithful Double-Digit Marjorie! Big grin

Step, so sorry your back is still bothering you!  Back problems suck!  Checkout the spine-health.com website for some really good info on the back and good stretches, etc.

Welcome back Hobbitt! Wow, crazy work schedule for you, glad it's settling a bit!

Hot and humid is all relative to what you're used to, Zelanie.  Y'all  'real winter' people would laugh, for example, at what I consider 'cold" when our winter gets here - anything below 50 degrees! .   Glad your social run went well.

MBC, very sorry about your hurting leg, etc.  Sure hope you find someone that can get you back to 100 percent!

Congrats on the 6, Andrew!

80 with a breeze, that sounds heavenly, lilac!  What's a capri?   Yeah, with the summer here so hot, the races tend to taper off a bit for July and August.  There will be a few during those months, but not one every weekend like we have in the other months of the year.

Lunch coming up.  That does not sound good, your lunch coming up, you must have had something really nasty, Mr. Namtor!  Wink

Congrats on the 13, Ric!  Impressed that you and Step can get out there and go that long in that warmer weather!   Gotta be tough!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Enjoy your vacation, Oski.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Dr. Cornsitter

I AM OFFICIALLY ON VACATION!

Just wanted to be sure y'all knew that.   Big grin

Now... what to do for the next 9 days....

Look for a new job, of course! Big grin

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.

delicate flower

cool about the camera - been looking for a new camera...my wife always steals mine, so I gotta go out and get another soon...

FYI I got this one.  Canon PowerShot sx280.

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer/products/cameras/digital_cameras/powershot_sx280_hs

Lots of folks complaining about the battery life but it appears to only be an issue when you use the video and GPS/wifi.  Otherwise, nothing but fantastic reviews.  This will also be my third Canon point and shoot camera and I have been very happy with them so far.  My 800 Digital ELPH has served me well but it's just getting tired and it's time for the latest and greatest.  Also, see Oski "splurge" thread.

<3

LRB

Scotty, three days?  Now that's what I call a Mack Daddy!

MBC, I saw what could only be described as a small lobster crawling (it was some kind of bug) across the sidewalk the other day while running.  I wished I had my phone with me.

3 to tha B, when is your next race?  You are kicking some serious bootaneous.  I'm real happy for you bro, I would love to race with you someday.  We have similar abilities.

O, what are your thought on the Newtons?  Are they all of that and a bag of chips?

Hi Zel.

Supp Cherie!  Do you ever have problems with scorpions out there?

Marj, I'm an early riser too, which means the lights are usually out by 9:30 the night before.

Impressive workout last night B Plus.

Hello April, nice new avi there.  Ditto BeachRunner.

Supp Jess, Kristin, Shari, Legs, Real Deal Holyfield, Marj, Dave, SIAR, Brr, Nam, and Ric.

Me, I got in 6 and some change around the loop at my work.  I remain uncertain as to what I am doing for a workout tomorrow.  I have a 1 mile race coming up soon and would like to train for that, but have not seen any mile specific workouts that appeal to me.

Anyone have any ideas?  I'll be your guinea pig.

delicate flower

3 to tha B, when is your next race?  You are kicking some serious bootaneous.  I'm real happy for you bro, I would love to race with you someday.  We have similar abilities.

Heh, I've got a bunch on the calendar.  My next two are a duathlon on July 14 and a 5K on Aug 10.  I'd love to race you too but not until I'm fully recovered so I can whip your ass.

<3

Hip Redux

I love my Newtons, LRB.   I started out running in Vibrams after I realized that they made me run in a way that was much kinder on my knees than my footstrike was in the Adrenalines (which is a lot of shoe compared to the VFFs!).   Later I switched to the Newtons when I came to a point in my training where I needed a bit more padding on longer runs but wanted to keep the forefoot strike, and I really like them.

I have the Gravity and the MV2, and I still rotate in the VFFs on occasion (usually speed work but I haven't done much of that lately).

So_Im_a_Runner

Go figure

I just noticed your signature line...did you hurt your bum?  Personally, frozen meatballs are my go-to for prepackaged icing, but I've never tried to sit on them.

LRB...Give me a minute and I'll see if I have anything that would qualify as a mile workout.  200s come to mind, but that's kinda boring.

Trying to find some more hay to restock the barn

Hip Redux

Heh!  Joking

Dr. Cornsitter

I just noticed your signature line...did you hurt your bum?  Personally, frozen meatballs are my go-to for prepackaged icing, but I've never tried to sit on them.

I had an altercation with the basement floor. It came away unscathed. My tail bone did not. I've been icing my ass with a bag of corn. Still hurts like a muthah. Dr. Web, M.D. says it could take up to four weeks to heal.

Meatballs sound interesting....It was suggested I use a whole frozen cob, but I opted for the kernels, lol.

Quote from BeachRunner3234 on 6/25/2013 at 8:20 PM:

So I'm currently sitting with a bag of frozen corn in my ass.